Particles’ Flipbook Release

yoo W update, I’ve just had issues w texture degrading :77

Please allow higher quality images

1 Like

Yes! I made a post about this. Texture quality is really bad at the moment! Particles’ Flipbook Release - #39 by reaxwastaken

1 Like

So basically spritesheets are being added to particle emitters, that’s such a nice feature and it’ll allow a lot more creativity to unfold. Would love to see this ported to other features like GUIs and textures, to also animate those

2 Likes

me waiting for someone to release a flipbook particle kit

FlipBook Particle Pack! - Creator Marketplace (roblox.com)

7 Likes

yay! im excited to integrate more particles into my games

This is amazing, I have been waiting for this for a while now :smiley:

Are there any way to disable this features because it really affect my game (in bad ways)?
Sometimes it makes the script in my game won’t play perfectly and cause the “show” to error. Please tell me if there’s any way to fix this because the “show” is the main attraction of my game. Thank you

3 Likes

I do have one issue

Flipbook isn’t turning on because it says my texture isn’t one of its supported grid size. My particle texture when I made it is 1024x1024 so I dont understand why it isnt working for me?

I applied the texture of my old spritesheet textures (They are still 1024x1024) when this feature was still in beta and it works for them, but not for newly created textures.

8 Likes

Guys, no offense, but do you even test these updates before releasing them?

I haven’t enabled the flipbooks beta because it breaks particles in studio during testing. Now that it’s stuck on, I cannot see particles correctly. How the heck am I supposed to work like this?

All of the yellow particles here say they’re disabled when I view them in properties.

Edit: This isn’t even just exclusive to studio. It’s happening in-game, too.

What the hell, man? How did this slip past QA?! It’s been an issue since the Particle Flipbooks Beta came out and now you’re telling me all these months later, it’s been forced on everyone and STILL isn’t fixed?! What were you thinking?!

19 Likes

Is this getting fixed anytime soon?

9 Likes

On the one hand, this is a really cool update that significantly raises the ceiling for how particles can look.

On the other hand… this update has released in a broken state where ParticleEmitters take too long to enable / disable. This is a huge blow to anyone that actively makes use of a lot of ParticleEmitters.

Please roll the update back until this is fixed. This is destroying the visual identity of a lot of games.

10 Likes

Severely having issues with Particle Emitters, mainly the enabling and disabling of them. In a game I develop, we use a lot of Particle Emitters for fireworks and some wont turn on and others wont turn off, creating a awful looking production. This really needs to be fixed.

12 Likes

How come there isnt a grid 3x3?!

4 Likes

Yeah, there’s literally no reason not to give us more options like 3x3 etc.
I don’t understand why we’re limited to only THREE options (2x2, 4x4, 8x8) when a lot of people make and sell flipbooks in other formats like 3x3 and 6x6

2 Likes

yeah exactly because very often 4 frames are too few, and 12 is just too many. 9 in a great middle-ground. Although personally, i do prefer the 3x2 or 4x2

3 Likes

Do you have a video showcasing the issue you run into with the provided place file? I’m failing to reproduce your described issue locally. I’ll attempt to test on different device configurations, but it would be useful to know what exactly to look for.

Relevant information about your local configuration would also be helpful. Thanks!

3 Likes

9 Likes

Huge W for fixing this bug. Basically killed the feature for me. Does this mean that GLES 2 is gone, considering that’s the issue cited at the time? @JaapSuter

3 Likes

Yep, pretty sure this is the exact problem I’m having.

I have absolutely no idea how the heck this shipped.

1 Like