Physics: Improved Stability PGS Solver - Call for Test Places

Same issues/ no difference. Tested in both games the one they allowed the new feature to be tested on and a new one.

We found a new bug with this change, therefore we will be delaying this feature for another few weeks. Will keep you posted. Thanks for your cooperation, I’ll be disabling this feature on your places.

5 Likes

I’ve been looking at ways to work around this, but haven’t found any solutions. I’ve noticed that having a Prismatic and an AlignPosition together (using the same attachments) drastically affect the velocity of their parent parts. I found that while using BodyVelocity to move either parts, the velocity will either be applied extremely slowly or not reach the target velocity at all. Attempting to set a part’s velocity to (0,0,200) for example would only get me to a magnitude of 40 and nothing higher beyond that, even without touching any other parts. This could be an issue on my end but I haven’t found any ways of fixing it yet.

Prismatic has a Motor and Servo. Why do you need an AlignPosition?

It was related to some hacky workaround with the previous system. It’s not needed anymore but I was just bringing it up now.

…pretty much for added stability, but Prismatics are way more stable now, hence the AlignPosition not being needed anymore.

Uploaded a Studio Beta build with this feature here:

In a few days I will enable the new Solver on the places listed in this thread. Let me know if you want your place added or removed from the test.

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

My game Drifter! feels a lot more stable with these physics.
Noticeably so with the wheels - they don’t break as much if at all and the friction feels consistent.

Very nice I hope you ship this.

Now I just need to make my camera consistent :smiley:

2 Likes

Could this be related to constraints or just the physics engine? https://youtu.be/eTdNNmgrQ8Q?t=620 Because this happens with any car and I rebuilt the track about 25 times now and its perfectly smooth but cars driving over any new part and you have the possibility to bounce into the air or do what you see in this video.

Id like to opt-out please, its causing quite a few issues.

I removed you from future tests.

Please provide more info on the issues you are seeing, because if we don’t fix them now, you will encounter them when we finally release this feature.

2 Likes

Can you confirm if the solver is enabled?

It is not! I will let you know when we enable it.

I’m planning to enable it on the places here on Monday!

So one glitch I noticed is that while I Interpolate the camera, it goes crazy

(Credit to Coolgirl1244567889 for taking the GIF)

Another glitch I noticed is now if there is a small collideable part inside the characters head, it’ll cause the camera to rapidly shake. Before the update, this never happened even though this could be considered normal behavior for obvious reasons.

My own Inverse Kinematics don’t work because the player randomly teleports into the ground at random times (For whatever reason the lighting flips out too when this happens?)

Which update are you talking about since this is not yet enabled?

Where are you testing this in?

Not really sure but it just started happening all of a sudden which was what invoked me to opt-out.

This is the place

We haven’t enabled this change yet (please see above). Therefore it’s unrelated. Please post a bug report with repro steps to the appropriate channel, for example here:
https://devforum.roblox.com/c/platform-feedback/engine-bugs

When you say lighting to flip out, do you mean that the screen randomly goes black? And no attempt to fixing the camera works?

Can you please enable this place? Thank you.

1 Like