Pipe Dash (RACING MODE) is looking for feedback!

Appreciate the thread bumps, but your game design wisdom is needed elsewhere too :pray:

No one hops on Roblox to say ‘wow, look at these original, innovative experiences’. They just play whatever is fun. I for one think that SnoutUp’s game is actually quite unique on Roblox with the editor that it provides and the exciting gameplay as you try to beat other peoples maps.

3 Likes

You should be saying that to the developers who make “Skibidi Toilet Obby 69” and not this man who puts atleast an ounce of originality into Roblox.

2 Likes

Well at this point I’m not sure what you expect. Should we just stop making games now, since everything exists?

3 Likes

Hey! It’s a great game!!
And I have a question after i press publish do i have to stay in the crater thing in order for my pipe to stay public?

After publishing your track will be added in public rotation and will spawn in “New” tracks for ~week and then might appear in random or might get tagged with easy/best rated/featured/etc.

And if you want for more people to play it, you can join the game and spawn it in a workshop later.

1 Like

Oh alright thanks for replying!

Gosh I’m starting to really hate UI work. Sure, you can use percentages and scallable text and size restraints to make something serviceable, but when it starts getting complex the things collapse fast.

I will need to make some kind of theming system that would allow easily adjust properties (padding, text size, etc) of multiple elements depending on the platform.

Either way, editor UI should be much better on mobile now!

• Removed multiple non-vital UI items from the editor interface
  • Added multiple new shortcuts (build & play, publish)
  • Adjusted a lot of element sizes to free up space on mobile

WHOAAA DUDE. I remember when I first saw this, it had no players at all. You worked on it a lot! Now look at you! You hit one million visits! Congrats dude.

Remember me?

Thank you! You were faster to report about this milestone than me!

Too bad a lot of players downrate instead of reporting what kind of issues they’re having. I’m more than eager to fix and improve my game, but I guess this is how it goes on Roblox.

Maybe you should make a feature for all devices where you have to accept an object when it’s being placed. There would be like a check mark and a thumbs down. This would help with mobile players who don’t accidentally place an object while walking.

Maybe an undo button would be better in this case. Accepting every obstacle placement would be very uncomfortable.

Maybe but I played the game on mobile and I couldn’t see what I was doing cause When I moved around I was placing things everywhere. I just gave up at that point and played other people’s tracks.

Did you use the camera lock button (on the right) or was it not enough?

Finally replaced my basic obstacle icons with viewports of actual obstacles. And added “none” button to clear the selected obstacle (cause of a lot of accidental placements on mobile).

The UI still looks pretty bad, but at least it works better!

1 Like

Track ID can be shared around and published tracks can be loaded into some special pipes!

Adding some winter-themed obstacles… Better late than never!

1 Like

Got a bug!

When typing in a text box, the U button opens the Load a Track menu, even when I’m typing in chat.

This can be fixed with a simple if statement in the code to open the window, like this:

if input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.<key> and userInputService:GetFocusedTextBox() == nil then
	-- Open the window
end
1 Like

Thanks! It was a very stupid mistake by me, I just forgot to wrap the popup with a check if input was processed by the game.

Meanwhile, I also fixed multiple other bugs and added some quality of life features to the workshop (like hiding UI while obstacles are being dragged).

1 Like

What’s happened to the active players.