Pipe Dash (RACING MODE) is looking for feedback!

I just had to try it… and switching betweeen surface GUI and player gui works flawlesly, as far as I can tell. This is a big thing. My initial plan was to add an on screen button to teleport player to the “cinema area”, but now I can just… show replay instead of teleporting.

3 Likes

FINALLY, new badge art is here!

Will be adding some sort of board to the game which shows what you’re unlocked.

1 Like

Added to the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’d probably be nice to see from a distance what badges you do or don’t have.
I.e. semi-transparent if not unlocked, or if you have them unlocked, add an effect or circle around the badge to show completion.

Then perhaps add a special hoverboard for getting all the badges. This could engage players who have a ‘completionist’ mindset to stick around longer to get all the badges, which offers you longer play sessions.

2 Likes

Already done, I just have all of them unlocked :slight_smile: The locked badges are greyed out. As for a special board for all badge unlocks, that’s a good idea!

1 Like

Replay TV can now show ads for shop items!

adboard

Also, added a few new boards and improved replay UI.

1 Like

Instead of conveyor belts, I started placing rails that can be used to move around map faster

2 Likes

Reworking outdated track selection UI and trying to squeeze more stats for the builders.

Player billboards with track completions or tips are now interactive and will teleport you to the related track!

Just want to highlight a huge milestone of hitting 5 million plays! Unfortunately, other stats are not that awesome, but… I’m working on it!

2 Likes

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see where this game goes in the future! :partying_face:

1 Like

lowkey giving run 3 vibes, if ykyk

Thank you, but I’m not sure how far can I realistically take this :slight_smile: CCU is okay, but unstable and might go down fast if Roblox decides so. And I can’t get the average playtime or retention up, no matter what I add.

Released a significant technical update today!

In a nutshell, removed a bunch of old code that was related to VehicleSeat which I haven’t been using anymore. Potentially fixed a ton of annimation glitches that were plaguing the game since the beginning. Removed server checks before starting a track, which should result in much smoother gameplay.

I’m both glad and also stressed, since I don’t know if this didn’t break something somewhere deeper :slight_smile:

I use to play this game at school, lowkey looks like you remade this game… https://poki.com/en/g/tunnel-rush

Moved a big part of world interface to the client, because I had a feeling (potentially wrong) that frequent updates of surfaces (track stats and info panels) migh’ve been detrimental to overall performance. Now server just informs players that data has changed and it’s loaded and displayed only when player is nearby and only if they’re not riding in the track at the moment.

Ideally, I’d like to reach the point where average phone FPS doesn’t drop below 40.

I do quite enjoy this game! As many have said it reminds me of Run on coolmathsgames.

In my opinion there’s a few issues which might be causing some dislikes. They may have been mentioned before so apologies if i’m wrong!

As a player completely new to the game one of the levels didn’t track as I didn’t realise that you had to stand on the green plate to start the level. Meant I got to the end and nothing happened, which was quite confusing and if I was playing this as a main page game I probably would’ve left the game at this point. Can the green start not be the whole way around the tunnel so people can’t enter without starting the level?

Sometimes my board stops working in the lobby and I have to hold shift for it to work, I think this would be much better as a toggle.

Other than that, i’m very impressed! I love the track editor and all the featured tubes.

1 Like

Honestly, you’re the first person to make me think that green plate needs redesign. I did get quite a few complaints about people jumping over it and riding around the track, but I always saw it as a feature (you can look around and prepare) rather than a bug. Now that you described the experience from the perspective of a new player… I can see why it should be changed and will try to think of something as soon as possible.

You can use CTRL for sprint (board) toggle.

1 Like

Added a beam towards the start plate (it needs some more effects too) if player jumps over it.

Also some information if you look back to the start from inside.

Feeling silly that I haven’t done this sooner. Probably lost me a lot of potential playtime over the months.

I also found out that my track loading code was not optimized to show the start location tracks sooner, so first player in the server had to wait a significant time until they load. That’s improved too.

1 Like

As you said, I usually jump over it to get a good look at the level, but at the same time I saw a couple people jump over it and get confused. Honestly, This is probably the best solution to the problem. Great Job! :hugs:

1 Like