Place history Search

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to find specific versions of a place in Studio’s version history. When a place has many published changes, it becomes time-consuming to locate a particular version from a specific year.

[LIVE!] Place Version History in Studio - Updates / Announcements - DevForum | Roblox

If Roblox could implement a search function for version and year or display the history in Asset Manager, it would significantly improve my development experience. Another useful feature could be a page viewer that allows users to quickly navigate to a specific page in the version history.

For example, one of my places has over 700 published changes, and I need to find a version from 2021. However, scrolling through all the changes to find the right year is tedious and wastes a lot of time. A search function or Asset Manager display would make it much easier to locate the desired version quickly.

Overall, this feature would improve the workflow and efficiency of developers who frequently use version history in Studio. Thank you for considering this request.

30 Likes

HUGE support. If there were to be a search for place history with filters, it would save me so much time.

4 Likes

Seconding this. This is so annoying to do, even with very fast scrolling.
WrQEipMwh8

5 Likes

I agree. If there was a situation where my game got severely hacked and the hacker published 100 versions of the game, I would have to scroll through ALL the versions of the game and try and find the version prior to the hacking.

3 Likes

Bump. please, roblox.

i need to find a specific version on specific date. the place has as leat 7k versions.

2 Likes

yeah i agree! im supporting this too

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s 24 days or longer before a post is closed, so I am bumping it again.

2 Likes

Roblox, please. i bump it to pls bro pls pls pls

2 Likes

I need this. I just spent about 15 minutes scrolling through version histories to go to a place version ages ago just to get rate limited…

2 Likes

Surprising this wasn’t implemented yet, good luck trying to revert to a place file more than a year ago.

2 Likes

This is a huge pain for me and I really think it is very necessary to add a search bar for the version history as it’s very tiring to be able to search for old versions!

I agree, like at least make it where we can go to a specific page in the list instead of just pressing next

I absolutely support this idea. We really need it.

Enough to make a grown man cry.

Painfully. navigating. 50. entries. at. a. time.

2 Likes

Even just naming version histories
like Fusions file naming system:

(didnt mean to reply to someone)

bump, we need this DESPERATELY

having to scroll through 6000 versions just to find an old functioning script is very painful

I am in full support of this addition.

1 Like

PLEASE I BEG.

I have over 25000 place versions. :sob: