"Play Solo" does not load character

This has only just started happening to me recently, but “Play Solo” in Studio only loads the “visit.rbxl” window and is reluctant in spawning in my character at all. It only positions the camera where I left it in Studio. If you don’t know what I’m on about, the usual default key for this is F6. The other option would be to start a local server using F7 or a test using F5, which instantly loads your character before any of my scripts. This in itself causes problems. I don’t always need to use a local server, either. Only when I’m making sure things replicate, plus it takes a tad longer to load in general. I’m not really sure what’s causing this. :confused:

3 Likes

I’ve had this problem for a while. It seems to be a problem with LoadCharacter, as when this happens, I used to fire LoadCharacter from the command bar. At some point, all the individual firings seemed to act in one moment, resulting in my character respawning a bunch of times in rapid succession. For me at least, your player will load eventually.

The thing is, my player instance isn’t loading at all. I cannot use LoadCharacter if my player does not exist.

This sounds pretty similar to the issue mentioned here

Also, you don’t have to use a Test Server to test replication anymore if you enable Accurate Play Solo in studio settings :slight_smile:

1 Like