Player Count Changes on Experience Tiles

Even if the game is good, ain’t no one having fun with 0 players… :skull::skull::skull:

6 Likes

Actually if your game is good, and can be solo played you can totally have fun. I have played games alone but can also be played with others before, and I’ve had fun.

2 Likes

Getting from 0 - 100 players isn’t too hard, especially if you create a dedicated group with a few friends to play together + some small sponsoring.

Getting from 100 - 1K players is the difficult part for most startup games, and they would benefit the most from this change.

3 Likes

Would love if Roblox would share the methodology when making statistical claims.

Some previous statistics Roblox has provided in other areas (like a claimed 99% reduction of limited copies) have felt at least anecdotally inaccurate.

3 Likes

personally i wouldnt say viewing the player count on the main thing is crucial more so its just a bit more convenient, change still kinda sucks a little bit though

3 Likes

Knowing the amount of active players in a game is very necessary. I often search for games but sadly they don’t have any players. Some games are practically unplayable or very boring without any other players. Having a little piece of text that lets you know whether or not they are even players playing the game is highly important. Forcing users to tap/click on every single games that they think of joining could be very tiring and an annoying process. Additionally, you can tell whether or not the game is good if it has any active players. This little feature saves a lot of time.

I tired to make a simple solution concept in my editing software but I don’t have a whole UI-UX designing team so don’t judge it too harshly:

9 Likes

Honestly I don’t really care. If they are removing CCU than, like yeah, bother roblox, but like, this is just what you see for 5 seconds on the home and discover page, it doesn’t really bother me

3 Likes

You’re just creating needless extra steps.

People will click on the game.

See the low CCUs.

And page back and repeat.

Congrats, you made the user experience of finding a game of people take way longer.

Pat yourself on the back.

Why are you like this?

9 Likes

No. DO NOT do this.

Player count is an important thing players look at when looking for new games, this would further ruin the discovery of new games, and further add unnecessary steps, overcomplicating the entire process.

For once listen to us, christs’ sake.

5 Likes

Somehow I just know this will be ignored, and they will move forward with this change anyway, as always.

2 Likes

When the change is made to my webpage, I will try to create some javascript code that will replace some other element on the tile with the player count.

I will share the code here, so IG bookmark it and check back in a few a days. The code will require a chrome/firefox extension, such as TamperMonkey or ViolentMonkey, in order to run the code. (The code will be publicly visible)

edit: I may even put it into #resources:community-resources

2 Likes

After so long, Roblox finally decided to break their streak of good updates.

Congratulations roblox

1 Like

Indeed player count equals to game quality

10 Likes

This seems extremely unnecessary…

4 Likes

For sure more of a niche use case, but player count is a crucial thing for combat groups. Gotta be able to see at a glance if a base is being raided or not. Also just generally nice to know when people are on and active for smaller groups/games. Sure seeing “0” is disappointing, but it’s still key information for deciding if I need to prioritize a group game or not.

2 Likes

I can see 1 Major problem not showing the CCU

The Clone Games will Benifit a lot from it. They will steal your Icon and Thumbnail and make everyone think its the Original … Very bad idea!

5 Likes

I am as well, Roblox knows there has been an issue with botting player visits and CCU, so what better way to defeat this “underground” industry than to make it moot. :+1:

3 Likes

The total players in the game won’t show you that, but even if you click on the game title and look through a server list of players, that wouldn’t show you this either? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

That would open it up to copy cats that exploit it and make some games show nothing and their own game show like thousands of fake players, etc. :sob:

2 Likes

Any changes like that would require the addition of a large chunk of code, so it should be clear which is real and which is fake. Plus users can just check for any numbers in the code. Any numbers I add would be at most 2 digit numbers, while game IDs are like 10+ digits long