Player Invite Prompts [Update]

Will we be able to edit the Player Invite Prompt UI in the future?

2 Likes

Push notifications were introduced in this update to improve this issue!

2 Likes

You could update the UI, as it looks pretty outdated.

5 Likes

In regards to player invitations, would it be possible to have a setting where a message appears in the corner (much like how friend requests messages are sent) allowing players to see immediately when a friend invites them? I think such a thing could be helpful in consideration to how many players donā€™t check notifications in the game.

1 Like

By push-notification, do you mean having the phone app, webapp and desktop app display the actual icon on the tob or bottom left of your screen of your actual system?

In fact, I reckon it would be even cooler if the developerā€™s of the game themselves, if they wanted to, also personalize the invitation tab as to keep the theme of their game flowing - just saying :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Web app and / or desktop appā€¦ Just to have a support for computer.

It would be really amazing if you would be able to use this feature in different places other then the starting place, because right now whether or not your using a reserved server or just a server it just joins them into the starting place.

1 Like

Honestly, Iā€™ve only seen people use this feature by accident.
If youā€™re not playing on mobile, you have to go out of your way to view the notification, and most people ignore them in the first place and donā€™t really care about inviting friends.
The graph is complete news to me, but it definitely incentivizes me to use this feature.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a tremendous increase in invites since implementing this but Iā€™ve not noticed a large bump in players. Is there currently any form of attribution to help determine the actual DAU/session count impact?

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback - we are working on 1&2. For 2, could you provide specific customization youā€™d appreciate?

For 3, we are actively working on a way to make notification much more visible on desktop as well. This will be releasing soon, stay tuned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Weā€™ll definitely keep this in mind.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback - experience invite notifications should be going to the notification tray that can be accessed via the bell icon on the top right, not the chat. Not sure if thatā€™s what you meant.

Our chat filter is meant to be conservative on the safety side, although I realize it does sometimes result in filtering of non-abusive material. We are working on making it more accurate to provide a better balance.

And yes, we are working on making desktop notifications more visible, it should be releasing soon, stay tuned!

1 Like

Weā€™re looking into it, could you tell us the specifics of what youā€™d like to customize?

Weā€™re working on something that should address this issue, we should be releasing it in the coming months - stay tuned!

Weā€™re actively working on providing analytics to yā€™all that give you this information and more! Should be coming out soon!

Iā€™d like to customize the background and appearance. E.g. turning the background to be in line with my gameā€™s UI. For example, my games UI doesnā€™t have any transparency in it, and maybe Iā€™d want to change the color of the background. This would allow me to implement it in my game without any major UI styling breaks. My game doesnā€™t have any rounded corners either, to fit in with a retro-ish UI theme. Itā€™d be great if I could implement these decisions into the prompt, so I can provide player invite prompts seamlessly in any game.

I understand if these changes canā€™t be made- theyā€™re definitely not easy, however this would be a tremendous step in allowing features like these to be adopted in a lot of heavily themed games.

2 Likes

The background/border of which goes around the invite tab/window. The buttons on it exactly (invite and the X to exit out of the invite tab). I was just thinking as if it is like a template they can edit, however, if they do not want to/canā€™t they just use the origional one. Or they just create it from scratch themselves. Maybe they could intigrate it with their own windows

yeah correct nobody looks at the notifications tab lol

2 Likes