Player not loading into game for a minute

Randomly, players will load in without any GUIs and their camera will be stuck. There is no consistent way to reproduce this, but I do have screenshots of this happening in multiple of my games.

This usually lasts for around a minute, and from my knowledge does not occur in studio.

Here is the place file that the first screenshot happened in (note: its an old project of mine)

place.rbxl (54.7 KB)

1 Like

using any loops that don’t have a forced time?

For example, if you use

while true do

without a

wait()

or the same this with

repeat until false

it can really lag out the game, and even if it doesn’t cause lag while you’re in: It may cause slow loading times.

1 Like

I provided the place file for the game in the first screenshot, which has no loops. Matter of fact, it has so little code that I am able to provide it (with some code removed of course)

I know for a fact that it is NOT a crash since the player is able to communicate with the chat and open the dev console while in this state

I just now ran it and it works just fine for me, I load in immidately with no issue. I would try reinstalling Roblox Studio if I were you.

1 Like

This does not occur in studio, and There is no consistent way to reproduce this

So it only happens when you try to run the game from Roblox’s game and not the “Play” option in studio?

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

just encountered this in studio. also my character didn’t load

This issue tends to occur in Studio when the fetch request for your avatar fails. It’s very possible that the Studio bug is unrelated.

1 Like

Checking back on this, is this issue still occurring? If so, could you include a microprofiler dump, and your system information?