PlayerList Updates

since i play on mobile, its an issue when you drag the new playerlist down. i have to drag down from the right edge just to scroll through it, while the old playerlist made it to where you can drag anywhere and it scrolls down. however, i do love the redesign though as its more hidden than the old one!

1 Like

Do you have any evidence (eg a microprofile) to prove that it’s laggier? Looking at the source, the new player list should be faster

1 Like

I like this player leaderboard better. It just seems smoother.

3 Likes

Still don’t like it and always hide. This raises another problem that you don’t see your stats near your username. Please add that feature back.

5 Likes

Every time I try to scroll through the leader board, my camera gets zoomed in and out and I find that annoying and distracting.

7 Likes
3 Likes

the new playerlist looks very modern and nice the old playerlist had a good old feeling, its still a nice playerlist!

3 Likes

Not csd but here is the game link:
https://www.roblox.com/games/1564828419/PBST-Activity-Center

1 Like

Is there still anyway the old playerlist could return? Or maybe an option in settings? This new playerlist has caused a lot of controversy, and there is more “revert” then keep. Here are the problems in my opinion.

1. They capped the number size to 6 digits. In big simulator games, where you get tons of values, it all looks like this. 99.24T. Before, Roblox had values up to billions. Now, it just abbreviates it. This really bugs me out.

2. Each player for the playerlist is so big, you have to scroll down tons of times in larger servers. One regular name now, is equivalent to almost three old ones. I really think that it is necessary to make this change.

3. The Owner icon freaks me out. The hammer is extremely ugly in my opinion. They honestly could have at least kept the old one.

4. Lastly, this doesn’t match with any other buttons, like the chat, backpack, tools, and the esc button. The playerlist stands out from the rest.

5. Long roblox names will have …’s in the name. Once you click on it, it still displays the … on the new one. Then, I have to press the escape to see the full name. This is extremely annoying for admins in a game when they have to kick someone.

It would be great have an option to choose between the two. This will solve all the on-going controversy, and I can assure you that players will be happier. It would be great if the Roblox Engineering Team took this into consideration.

9 Likes

I have been fine with the player list. However, I really suggest adjusting the top bar to match the player list color. It is quite the eye sore having UI of two separate styles. This really isn’t a hard adjustment either and I’m surprised it hasn’t been done. Besides that, I’m fine with it. Maybe remove some of the gap between the left edge and the player names, It really takes up too much space.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure unless there’s someone with a similar name prefix to someone else ingame you don’t need to type their full username anyway?

This is only when you are using freemodel admin. With developer console, you’ll need to type their full username.

1 Like

They already have, but you can’t add yourself as a friend

1 Like

With this, I give you my word. For me it is also to big. I have no problems with the new things about the player list. But the playername/playername space is too big!

1 Like

No, I think you are thinking of kicking plrs using the chat. The one I use is a custom kick system using a UI.

1 Like

I have some minor issues with the PlayerList. For some reason, the total leaderstats in a team are showing up on the PlayerList, but the players under the Teams are not visible. Is this a game issue or the client issue?

3 Likes

I prefer the old player list it was simple

6 Likes

There is a breaking change in the form of behavior compared to the old PlayerList / Leaderboard:

It has to do with Neutral Players; More specifically, non-game.Teams color of Player.TeamColor.
(Whether Player.Neutral is set or not.)

So if you have a game where by default there is no designated Neutral Team, and you set a
Player.TeamColor to a non-game.Teams team color, previously it would put the player into the
PlayerList on the ‘Neutral’ team.

With the new PlayerList, this only half-works; Now, if a Player.TeamColor changes, a ‘Neutral’ team
will appear in the list, but the player is not added (or possibly the size is not adjusted) so the player
is not in the list.

I had to write a workaround to dynamically add and remove a Neutral team in game.Teams to make
the new PlayerList display properly. This was not necessary with the old PlayerList.

On first glance this change may seem reasonable, but it is a breaking change in behavior, and I think
the old way was more reasonable, as it is more likely to have a dynamic existence of a Neutral Team,
that shouldn’t require it to be added to game.Teams for the PlayerList to work–
I think It should work the way it previously did.

8 Likes

The old player list module is designed to run in the core environment, and can only run in it.

While this is the old player list script, it’s rather inefficient and you’d be better suited recreating it yourself.

3 Likes

Can’t we just switch between the old leaderboard and the new one in settings?
This would (maybe) overlap some UI’s in games.

3 Likes