PlayerList Updates

The player name buttons are still way too big. They need to be resized. I’ve edited the CoreGui to make them a nice and neat size.

3 Likes

Honestly, the old one looks good in my opinion. The new one looks neat and clean but still the old one is more favourable for most OG Robloxians.

5 Likes

The brand new playerlist is lovely. (Now come on I don’t mean the opposite)

The old playerlist felt outdated and not smart enough. The new one is round, bigger. Bigger text so you can see your usernames properly.

I don’t I have any problems like others. I’m not sure why there are some kind of big feedback issue on the size of the new playerlist when I don’t see it at all! i focus on looking on the game’s content rather than the UI itself

Going back to years of 2008 when the playerlist used to look like a 5 year old’s work and old

1 Like

I actually was going to bring that up in my previous post, but felt it didn’t contribute to my point. Even though they are the same width, the previous playerlist felt like it had more space, because the usernames on it were smaller.

There’s also the matter of being still being able to see your stats, even with it hidden.

9 Likes

The only problem I have with the playerlist is that the “total” of leaderstats that derive from StringValues appear as “-” (Not sure if this has been addressed?)

6 Likes

One, looks too big, Second, looks out of place Third, it covers ui, and lastly u cant see full names, and i think it would have been better just to update the old player list and give it tweening and make it not cover up ui as much.

6 Likes

It’s the same width yes but not centered in the same way.The old one touched the top and side leaving no gap between. That is what is driving me crazy. image

1 Like

If you’re not planning on keeping the old one as many people already requested please, at least make an option to localy choose between the new one and the old one because I just can’t with the new one, it’s literally hurting my eyes and I don’t think I’m the only one.

14 Likes

I would like to say number “simplified” should be disabled itself.
I would also like to see my stats again with playerlist off.

That’s all I’m asking for!

2 Likes

Still think it is too bulky. Tons of unneeded empty space between player names. I liked how compact and out of the way the old leaderboard was. This is better than the first attempt though.

12 Likes

I like the new style of the player list, feels a lot more modern.

Is there a reason why the icon for when a player is following you has been removed? It’s now impossible to distinguish if a user in-game is one of your followers or not, sometimes I like to follow people back who follow me when I notice them in-game but now this is impossible as I can’t tell who follows me and who doesn’t.

11 Likes

This playerlist update covers 1/4 of my screen.

11 Likes

Very true. I really hate the look of the new one. It covers up 1/4 of my screen and I just really hate the developer icon. A hammer? Also, in simulator games, all you just see is 7.999T. It’s honestly really annoying. At least make the cap 10 digits.

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Player Card Size:

I understand that the player cards need to be big so they can easily be tap-able for mobile, this isn’t necessary for devices such as PC and Console.

Scrollbar:

I personally feel if there are technical limitations then they should be the prioritised and addressed before pushing out updates.

Transparency:

I’m going to assume the transparency is most likely set that way to increase clarity for mobile users, this again should not be applied for every device as it’s not necessary.

Conclusion:

I understand mobile compatibility is extremely important because it’s the most popular device type for playing Roblox, the changes do not need to apply for all the other devices Roblox is playable on, they should be configured accordingly. Furthermore, options should be available for developers so they adapt it to their own predilection. Overall, I understand that some of the issues I mentioned have been brought up but I feel it is important that the Game Experience Team receives a range of developers issues/opinions.

5 Likes

The game experience team do not work on things like UIObjects and ScrollingFrames. Judging by what TheGamer101 said, there likely will be a fix for said technical limitations.

1 Like

What’s good and bad about the new player list?

I will start off saying all the dislikes:

The thing hate the most is that it It doesn’t show the whole stats for example I have 4,225,742 points and it will show it on the player list it shows as 4.2M - not always it sometimes show the exact point but can that at least be fixed.

I have my performing stats on but it gets covered by the player list and makes it hard to read so I have to close the player list when I’m looking at the performing stats. It is annoying that when I click one of the stats (sent, ping, GPU, etc.) it pops up a box to show you like the average and things on the top right of the screen but the player list just completely covers it!

The player list covers so much of the top right of your screen what makes it worst is when u click on a player to send friend request, follow etc… It covers so much of the screen.

Another bad thing about the player list is I have to scroll down to see the whole player list which I do not like because if I’m trying to find someone on the player list to block or something it takes me longer to find them.

That’s all the criticism I have about the player list, if your keeping this feature please at least fix the problems that I have with it.

What I like about the new player list:

I like the sliding movement that the player list has when you are closing it and opening it.

When I am about to follow or send a friend request the thing you open has the sliding effect too which looks cool in my opinion, I also like it that it shows a picture of the avatar at the top left of that box.

When you send a friend request and you are about to undo it, it says cancel friend request - the old one just said revoke friend request, but I wouldn’t think people would understand the meaning of that word.

This is all I have about the new player list, I prefer the old player list BUT I would rather have the new player list IF the perform stats get fixed and statistics (by showing the whole stats that someone has.

I do not like the player list but I will support the new player list if it gets fixed. I prefer to have the player list getting fixed and staying there.

We should be able to change the player list types though, like on the game settings (game settings I mean by the one where you can turn on and off the performing stats and shift lock switch).

4 Likes

Is it not possible to give us an option to revert back to the previous leaderboard? Or at least make it so it has to be manually enabled by the developer? “Fancy or Compact”, or something like that.

This leaderboard becomes an inconvienience when there are lots of players, and slowly but surely people are just going to stop having it open.

It would also be great if like the chat we were able to modify it to fit the style of our games.

14 Likes

I don’t believe I mentioned that they work on those things but you’re entitled to your own interpretation.

I’m sure there will be a fix, but in my opinion fixes should be carried out first before releasing an update to millions of players.

I hope you understand, have a good day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This player-list is very buggy after being in-game for a while. For some reason the player-list isn’t even displaying everyone who is in the game; it’s just stopping short.

Now here’s the player-list in the ESC menu in the same server.

It’s just displaying completely different results for whatever reason

11 Likes

The single thing I dislike about the new leaderboard is how hideous the new owner icon is, it looks like a wonky hammer, what even is the curve at the end? Even something like a ban hammer to replace this icon would be significantly better, I hate how bad the icon looks for players who own the game.

Additionally, an icon for players who have edit permissions for the game aka ‘developers’ would be a great addition as it’s always been quite difficult to give developers of a game a distinct way to be seen against other players in the leaderboard without making a custom system to handle icons and text.

23 Likes