PlayerList Updates

The new one is still oversized. There is way too much space between players. Please revert this update to the previous player list.

For reference, check out this image what I mean with too much space between players:

13 Likes

The new one is as bad as the last version you guys made, honestly the idea to change it from how it was is really dumb in my opinion…

8 Likes

Hello,
After this change went live. I have found my leaderstats which were Models aren’t working reliably at all. The player list only sometimes puts the stats on the leaderboard. Changing the leaderstats Model to a Folder makes them reliably show up.

Is this intentional?

2 Likes

I’ve read some of the other replies and it seems like they all pretty much agree, it’s wayyy too bulky. Please change it back I like the older UI better, or at least add a feature to toggle between the older UI and new.

3 Likes

This is not intentional and we will ship a fix for this as soon as possible.

5 Likes

:sick:
I did not expect for playerlist to be that big. Imo it doesn’t fit at all, and it’s attracting your sight too much in competitive games. Even if you hide it, you can’t see your stats, which is a step jump backwards.
Please, do one of the following:
A. Revert back to the old playerlist
B. Size down the playerlist and update the rest of CoreGUI
C. Size down the playerlist and make something so it doesn’t catch your eye that much
D. Add a toggle to switch old and new playerlist.
Basically, this is the issue:

26 Likes

The player cards are sized following certain guidelines so they can be tap-able buttons, in the expectation of bringing this to mobile.

3 Likes

The width of the list is the same as the old version.

2 Likes

Completely understand designing UI for mobile. However, UI designed for a ten foot display (aka console) doesn’t scale well on a PC. Is it possible to shrink the size of the player cards on desktop, where there is more real estate and precision?

3 Likes

Hey, the issue with the playlist on my end is the fact that I can’t see my player status in games like jailbreak anymore. Example from post 168.
There are no “Kos” or “WOS” Up here anymore, pressing “TAB” does nothing.

Edit - There has been no change yet as of 1/25

7 Likes

Please just make the space for each username smaller. There is too much space between each username, which is annoying in 200 player games (and also in 100 player games) when you are searching for a specific user.

Also check out my previous post on this topic.

9 Likes

The only thing is that the Player List should be the same transparency like the others. When you hover your mouse to a username, it’s the same transparency as the rest.

test

2 Likes

The width may be the same but what about the over-powering transparency, the massive space between each username and the obstructed scrollbar which was clearly mentioned countless times before but wasn’t taken into consideration.

It’s important you inform developers for crucial feedback before launching, so necessary changes can be made. At the end of the day they drive the platform and know game experience probably more than anyone on the “Game Experience Team”.

The more transparent you are, the better and smoother the updates you implement will perform.

7 Likes

I feel like it goes without saying but with how intrusive and sudden this update is, there is a lack of communication here, especially since the update was pushed without some sort of beta phase.

As @ValueKing stated, feedback for updates like these is important, especially since it’s a major update to the CoreGui UI. Many games use the default player list and some interfaces are designed around working with the default player list and such, especially with how jarring the scale is compared to the old one. It makes it a real hard sell to any developer.

Personally at this rate, I would rather just go through the trouble of making my own player list or forking the old one, this one is just way less practical then the old one and extremely unnecessary.

Enjoying seeing Roblox expanding on neglected features on the site, future is looking good.

*But where be the Rename group feature :eyes: *

The new version (with changes) and the older version are fairly equal in terms of quality to me, the newer version is more detailed while the older version is more simplistic

It looks a lot better than the first version of the new version, and it’s really cool that Roblox listened to us and improved it

the only issue I currently have with it is the scrollbar, but that has already been addressed and good work to whoever worked on this feature

Oh in that case:

UserInputService.InputBegan:Connect(function(Input)
    if GuiService:IsTenFootInterface() then
        SetRowHeight(TallRowHeight)
    elseif Input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.Touch then
        SetRowHeight(TallRowHeight)
    elseif Input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.MouseMovement then
        SetRowHeight(CompactRowHeight)
    elseif Input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.Keyboard then
        SetRowHeight(CompactRowHeight)
    end
end)

I think the new player list looks nice but it’s way too large when it doesn’t need to be.

4 Likes

It was previously made clear that they were aware of all these issues and requests. There is most likely a purpose for them leaving the transparency the same way it is similar to the payer card sizes having the padding.

Seems like the number simplification is a bit buggy.

What i’m expecting:
Money1

While that is the value displayed, it will keep switching between simplified and the full number when I earn just a few dollars more:
Money2

10 Likes

I prefer the ability to see our statistics to the right of our username in the top right.

Else, this is the worst player list we’ve seen.

2 Likes