PlayerList Updates

I can also confirm that there have been recent FPS drops in games after the release of this new leaderboard

7 Likes

Honestly not a fan of this player list at all. Also is it just me or does zooming in and out appear to be a lot quicker?

A lot better than the previous version, though the scroll bar still doesn’t fit, it sits behind the colouring from the teams and doesn’t fit in when a leaderboard exists, I still prefer my own one or a custom one at least until ROBLOX completes UI changes.

still really want a removable top barrrrrrrr eek

2 Likes

Can you implement feature where developers can change size of each leaderboard column. I have rank display on leaderboard and its just half sized so text doesn’t look good at all. But leaderboard it self is very very good.

1 Like

I have been a Developer since 2016 and I personally have got very use to the old UI, I suggest giving Creators the Option in the Settings Tab in Studio to click “Player list” “Original” or “New” Most if my UI all are designed around the currently style so this is not the best for me.

10 Likes

Just rollback the playerlist, we hate it.

15 Likes

Even though it was apparently resized, it still looks too big. The old one was simple and compact.

10 Likes

This design is still really poor. It is unnecessarily large and obtrusive. The old design was much better and there was nothing wrong with it. Disabling this in all of my games.

Edit: I do like the menu that appears when you click on a user, however, the rest is a massive downgrade from the previous version. It feels slapped together without much thought. This is for games, not for the website.

10 Likes

It takes too much screen space that I had to remove the player list and create a custom one. The old player list is way better in my opinion, only two words for this.

19 Likes

Not sure if it was reported already, but there’s a major issue with this change for mobile users. Many of my players reported that they can no longer see their own leaderstat value, which is extremely disturbing because it’s the only way to see how many kills you have in my game. I checked myself using the device test, and I have the following results:

For mobile users with small screen, it looks like this:

whereas for tablet, computer, or console users, it’s like this:
Sans titre2

Obviously, mobile users were previously able to see their own leaderstat value, but not the other players’, but it was fine.
This has a major impact on my game and it needs to be addressed seriously.

19 Likes

To be honest, this update could be good if Roblox would consider listening to the community and not just doing whatever they want. Roblox, make it so we can see leaderstats without needing to have this behemoth on our screen. Add a setting to change back between the old and new player list.

6 Likes

The health bar is gone. Also why does the star program icon have color but every other icon that had color is now white?

9 Likes

Why is everyone talking about it’s design? This problem extends further than the design, The playerlist breaks, drops FPS, lags and SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK It can’t even perform simple tasks like showing whoever is in the server especially when games which rely on players constantly changing teams eg) Minigames get absolutely broken as to where the playerlist simply does not function try going to a game which relies on this and you’ll see this play-out. Please revert, the playerlist is broken.

13 Likes

Can you provide any evidence or details of this?

I haven’t been able to find the exact cause of the problems he mentioned. But I can confirm that all of those issues are in every game I’ve played, only started happening after the release of this update.

2 Likes

Can confirm. Since this update was released, my FPS dropped. I can’t provide footage of this, as I didn’t record perfomance stats before player list was updated.
Here are 2 very annoying issues: you can’t scroll through the list while player tab is open and when you scroll the list in specific position, it also zooms camera in and out.

Later I also found out that you can’t scroll through the player list and zoom your camera with mouse while your pointer is right above the player list.

This also once happened to me, when once player list refused to scroll. Sadly this happened only once or twice and I didn’t record it.

12 Likes

Is there a central script for this in Roblox studio? I am asking because, I would still like the script and the leader board look for my game, even if Roblox decides to take it out of the game :stuck_out_tongue:

Not being able to scroll the playerlist while the context menu is open is intentional and this was also the case for the last menu. The issue with scrolling the list also zooming the camera in and out is a general scrolling frame issue and we have a fix for this going out very soon.

5 Likes

Can you provide a link to a game where these problems are occuring? What exactly breaks with the playerlist?

2 Likes

Even without that stuff, it still looks out of place too much and it should be reverted. Who else agrees?

• Yes, the old one was better. Revert it back please.
  • No, this player list is better than the previous one.

0 voters

9 Likes