PlayerList Updates

I personally prefer the new design over the old one. It simply feels smoother and looks better to me. And although there may be some kinks, I don’t believe it is enough to justify reverting the update.

In addition, it’s important to trust in the professional and experienced engineers and designers that certain decisions are being made now for future plans such as a mobile player list.

3 Likes

I too prefer the old one by far over this one, the transparency/colours don’t match the top bar, the offsets are awkward, the whole thing just feels out of place…

9 Likes

I prefer the new players list because its design looks more clean and modern. It seems like Roblox is pushing this modern design all over the platform so I don’t suspect it will be long before the rest of the core gui’s get this modern design. Once or if the rest of the core gui’s get this new modern design the new player list should look more in place.

If I was to say one piece of constructive criticism about the new player list it would be that the player tabs are too tall for PC users. I am not sure how much control Roblox engineers have over the sizing of these tabs based on your platform but it would be nice to have the tabs shorter for PC users but still the same size for mobile users. Would this even be possible with the tools Roblox engineers have?

With the addition of this new player list I would like to see some other additions to it like an API to give developers more control over it. For example there could be a team creation function to allow developers to add/remove teams to it without having putting the team objects in the teams service. Maybe you could add some sort function to give developers more control over the sort order of the player list.

For those of you saying to have both old and new designs so we can choose between them I am very doubtful Roblox will do this because then they will have to support both player lists. This means fixing bugs in both and maintaining both meaning double the work. It would be best to fix the problems with the new player list rather than taking a step backwards to just use the old one. After all the game experience team has spent a long time making this new player list so they will want to see it in games.

5 Likes

Hey, as much as this update makes the leaderboard look cleaner, it really has had little thought towards it, this should have been release for beta opt-in members or QA only, to see how it works. Now we are stuck with a really broken leaderboard, the leaderboard really needs to be reverted and then this new leaderboard needs a big rethink. This is currently making developers face drawbacks with their game.

9 Likes

Exactly. Why did they skip the beta testing phase?

8 Likes

I am unsure if they exactly skipped it, I would assume they had very little QA testing behind it. But they never made any effort to go through lots of test phases which is what it needed. It is just something that is so noticeable, and upon any change must be tested well before being released.

6 Likes

Can you explain what is broken in more detail so that these issues can be fixed?

3 Likes

For me, the main issues are:

• Player stats no longer shown at the top (so phone users aren’t able to see them at all while other users have to scroll down to find their own stats)

• Colour and transparency not matching toolbar

• Padding and text both inconsistent and too large for players

• Forces truncation on values and names

• Still too large

It would be okay if it was off by default and a menu that you had to hold tab to keep open, but for most users this will be on their screen throughout their entire game experience. In my games I disable it because it is irrelevant information that can be found in the Escape menu.

13 Likes

New changes have been decent. But the team name and leaderstats are clipping.Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 5.53.56 PM

Edit: Woops! I worded it like every team was experiencing it. Just long named ones!

Second issue with this:
When previewing someone, it’d be nice to be able to see their whole name as in the leaderboard you cannot.

5 Likes

I have created a fix for the team name not being truncated, thanks for the report.

6 Likes

Not enough own nickname, which will be visible separately from the other players. As it was before. It is strange that such convenience was removed.

Безымянный

3 Likes

@Coeptus has removed the top bar, I believe you just cut the top like a gui and make it transparent, I do not know though.

As of making this post, 70 people have voted on my previous post:

And 76% of them agreed that player list should be reverted. And just look how many negative replies there are and how many likes they get. @TheGamer101, are you just going to ignore all of this?

7 Likes

It’s not being ignored. There’s no doubt the staff have seen the concern essentially spammed in the replies as they were skimming through to answer other questions.

It may be that supporting mobile players is more important, as suggested before:

However, since mobile phones have little screen space anyway, why not build the new player list into the pause menu instead? It’s just a thought.

I really don’t get the big picture of what’s going on though.

Also, it doesn’t help much when the density concern is essentially being spammed in the replies.

3 Likes

Can you please remove or update Topbar because its not same style and it looks really bad. I can just say that topbar style Coeptus made in bloxburg

2 Likes

Oh, good. I wasn’t sure if it was just my PC or not. I was going to complain about it, but I’m glad I don’t need to, and I look forward to the fix very much.

2 Likes

True. This and the topbar are probably some of the worst updates ever on Roblox.

4 Likes

You can Download your game statistics form “Developer Stats” You can choose the year and month and it will provide. Full report of sales, visitors and so on

So I got some images to provide about the playerlist breaking bug
Hopefully this information may be of some use

So this bug only removes the clients ability to see certain random player’s statistics (See image below)

However, the statistics still exist. I went on an alt on the Roblox Windows 10 app

BugImage2

Here is another image of the bug, but this time I can’t see how many kills or deaths I have!
Note my teammates still kept me updated with how many kills I had, so they could see it
image|326x334

Here is the game link

10 Likes

We have a fix for the leaderstats not displaying sometimes which will be released soon. The other bug looks like the team name is not being updated correctly in some cases, I’ll look into why that is happening.

5 Likes