PlayerList Updates

That’s a bug on our part. It does not change when a player is removed, (We have a fix coming in for that) thanks for looking out for us though!
nevermind I just talked to our dev, it is a bug (yikes my bad jumped to conclusions)

Ah this isn’t actually a bug with the PlayerList but is a bug with Team.PlayerRemoved which is fired when the Player will still be returned from Team:GetPlayers(). I will see if it is safe to fire Team.PlayerRemoved slightly later in this case, when the player will not longer be returned by Team:GetPlayers().

5 Likes

its a bit to big maybe you can add a resizer?

1 Like

Can you confirm we will be able to move more towards custom leaderboards, so where we can edit it, add custom icons for people inside a script?

1 Like

The PlayerList in Breaking Point is really good! You should probably make something like this!
Good leader

14 Likes

ssssssssssssssssssasdfsdfsgdfgfdgfhdfdg

Yawn, I know this has been said many, manyyyy times over but… Please listen to the community, after all aren’t we the ones who drive the platform? Powering Imagination? Please change back the playerlist it’s obvious that most people don’t enjoy it, and these are just users on the Dev Forum. e.e

12 Likes

I support the posts above, bring back the old player list or at least let us pick between the new laggy, ugly looking one to the old version that most of the roblox community knows and loves, there are already ton of problems and stuff for you to work and fix on this platform, what you’re doing right now with this new player list is something most of us don’t even want, put your focus on stuff the community requests.
I encourage everyone of you who agrees with me and the posts above to make your own as well, roblox seems to ignore these posts and they won’t take action until they see many of us ranting about this I guess.

8 Likes

I don’t mind the new functionalities that comes with this playerlist update, but please, keep the old design, do not change it.

8 Likes

I always complain about seemingly everything Roblox attempts to do

My first impression on this playerlist was me joining a game, seeing it, and wondering if the owner made his custom playerlist a public thing I could use for my games

I was pleasantly surprised this is actually a new look. It just looks nice and fits so well. I was planning on making my own playerlists for future games because I disliked how the old ones looked, but this new one? Keeping it.

:smiley:

2 Likes

Ok, honestly I don’t like this leaderboard that much… Maybe part of the fact I dislike it is because I’ve been playing Roblox since like 2013 and I’m attached to the old one… But there are also reasons for it:

1. It doesn’t work well with the rest of the UI. Although, I assume Roblox is going to change the chat, backpack, etc. You can just predict due to the fact Roblox is constantly trying to ‘modernise’ their game. Although this is completely unnecessary, the fact is that they are. But if I’m right and they are going to change the rest of the UI, they should’ve released it at the same time, not in separate chunks.

2. It’s still too big. I know they made it smaller, but it’s still waaaaaay too big.

3. It doesn’t show your stats at the top (see images)

15 Likes

Enjoying the new look, however i wish the new leaderboards had better customization.

1 Like

I noticed that many people are complaining about the size of this UI. Earlier, I noticed that this UI was messing with a number of things in my game. I decided to play around with sizing. I’ll provide to examples to prove my point.

The leaderboard UI does not resize with the client, in a similar manner to the chat.
I’ve created a custom topbar for my game, and I noticed it.

Here is screenshot one, with screen being full.

Screenshot two, screen a bit smaller. You’ll notice my topbar is not perfect anymore.

Screenshot three. Screen way smaller. Here you’ll notice that the UI is impeading on my game elements now, and not only that. Look at the topbar. It’s way smaller. The topbar on the chat side stays consistent with the chat however. My custom topbar is using scale, which would tell me that the playerlist, is not using scale.

Please fix! Seeing players isn’t as important as you think for some people. Not to mention your UI appears to be half slapped together.

8 Likes

Didn’t the old one take less space and you could see more players? I don’t see any reason why it was changed.

7 Likes

Great update I have noticed in a few games this effect and at first I thought this was their UI but after a few games I was then understanding it was your update…thanks Roblox team keep pushing the envelope

2 Likes

Actually, the old playerlist was the same width as this new one. However, the usernames on it were smaller and a bit closer together, giving the illusion that it was smaller, which worked better in its favor.

12 Likes

Absolutely, I think this would be a great opportunity for Roblox to make the colors/font/etc. customizable like the Chat and topbar. This would save a lot of time customizing this element.

(Feature request?)

5 Likes

Why can phone players no longer see his/her leaderstats.

6 Likes

This is because the new playerlist doesn’t show your leaderstats on the topbar. iirc the old playerlist also didn’t show the user’s own stats on the topbar on mobile.

2 Likes

i still feel like the rows displaying players are a little too thick, the old leaderboard looked simplistic this way. i know it apparently takes up the same amount of space on screen, but because of the big rows it makes it look bigger imo.

i get that the interface needs a revamp and whatever but the old leaderboard is far better than the current one. it might just be my paranoid self, but is the new leaderboard missing features?

8 Likes