Players Clipping into Ground

After investigating this issue I’ve concluded that the HipHeight (child of Humanoid) is on a negative value for the client, to fix this temporarily you need to put the HipHeight of each Character to 0.1 and revert it back to 0 again, the client would pick up on this and everything should be fine.

6 Likes

I am also experiencing this in a game called Troll Obby.

That is happening to me as well in my game Project Baki 2, which happens randomly to random players.

Apparently setting the player’s humanoid HipHeight to 1 and back to 0 and making it jump fixes it.
Therefore I haven’t done any changes before so It’s an engine bug apparently.

The behaviour in the game is the same as the one shown by Cuyler in their game.

I also noticed this issue occurring in an older game that I played yesterday which hasn’t been updated in 3 years (Survive The End of Classic Roblox). I never observed this behavior when I’ve played this game in the past, either.

1 Like

Here’s the temporary solution I’ve put in place

WARNING: I’m not incompetent, the wait() was there because it otherwise wouldn’t have replicated to the client for some strange reason.

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
    player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(character)
        wait(5)
        character:WaitForChild("Humanoid").HipHeight = 0.1
        character.Humanoid.HipHeight = 0
    end)
end)```
2 Likes

I can confirm this is a Humanoid.HipHeight issue. I do not modify this value, but it is incorrect for the players experiencing the issue. The expected value is 0, but for these players it’s being set to -1. See developer console screenshots below.

1 Like

@Cuyler could you please confirm if the users that are affected by this feature are on Windows only or other OS platforms as well?

3 Likes

From the limited amount of players I asked, all of them seemed to be on Windows 10.

I can confirm it happens in my game with every player except me.
ForceField material is also invisible for some reason.

It seems that roblox pushed an update to certain users. Those who didnt get the update (such as myself) are immune to being clipped in the ground but can still see others who are.
A temporary solution would be to have a loop that sets all the players hipheight to .2

This looks like Humanoid HipHeight, did you happen to edit that at all?

I do not edit it at all. See this reply Players Clipping into Ground - #23 by Cuyler

Woops just missed that bit there, odd that it’s being changed on its own.

1 Like

I am also getting reports of this issue in Framed. I have not updated the game since reports started coming in, it just seems to have been the result of a Roblox update within the last day or so.

1 Like

This issue was occurring on my own group game just ten minutes ago, I rejoined to test again for this post and now it appears to have been fixed. Trying testing your game now?

we’ve reverted a flag that we think was responsible. To help us debug the issue, can you tell us whether you use Humanoid:ApplyDescription() in your game?

7 Likes

This revert appears to have fixed the issue, my game in which the issue was occurring does not use Humanoid:ApplyDescription().

Yep, it appears to be corrected for the person who was helping me test, thanks! I am using ApplyDescription. I have a whitelist of packages that can be used and invalid packages are removed by modifying the applied description and re-applying it. This runs approximately half a second after the player’s character spawns in.

1 Like

Currently, I am experiencing this on Windows 11.

do you call Humanoid:BuildRigFromAttachments() on the client at all? Or do you do anything with character scales in your game?

2 Likes

This has been happening in BedWars over the past 24 hours and is affecting a small percentage of users. When players spawn in-game they are unable to move and their humanoid physics seem to be completely disabled. We make use of Humanoid:ApplyDescription on the server and manually set character scales.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/847869044497186886/898525068924166155/2021-10-15_17-57-24.mp4