Players do not move with ship

I have no experience with scripting, but i know how to animate, so i thought that would work

It was quite awhile ago that Roblox had an announcement on it here

The problem is that the players aren’t part of the animation so they won’t move like @RighteousCaty12334 said

If you wanna learn about tweens then read up on this page in the DeveloperHub!
Tween (roblox.com)

tweens allow smooth movement of a part’s property (color, position, size etc) through scripting and is very customizable

When I look at the tutorials for this, they only do models that go back and forth, and they don’t rotate either, but i need both of those for it to work properly

Hi, the reason your players fall off is because animations have no physics to them, players do, meaning their position won’t be affected by the ship.
The best thing you can do is using a BodyMover\BodyPosition or search on the DevForum, I’m sure there are plenty of solutions.
I found this thread which might help you:
Jailbreak train platform system? - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support - DevForum | Roblox

Correct me if I’m wrong, but tweens don’t simulate physics either, meaning it won’t help him since it’ll achive the same effect as using animations… :sweat_smile:

Is there a way I could apply physics to animations?

That’s what I was trying to say because I’ve heard if you use a BodyMover the player won’t fall off the platform as with a tween they will and with an anim!

1 Like

I think the best bet is to use a BodyMover, instead of trying to simulate the physics

You could make nodes and make the ship follow them using position and orientation constraint.

tweens can rotate and move a model though. but now that i think about it, calcifers is actually correct.

I use tweens a lot but i haven’t used them in trying to move a player so i wasn’t sure at first

So how do i use a BodyMover? I’ve seen it a few times but i have no clue how it works

This should help!

That sounds really nice to have, but i am new to scripting so I don’t know how to do that

As far as I’m concerned, no.
And if there is, it’s probably a very hacky way which requires a certain amount of skills, which I suppose you do not possess yet since you are a beginner as you said… :frowning:
I’m sorry for not being able to help, I’m not very familiar with this kind of stuff. What I would do is using BodyMovers\BodyPosition, which are relatively easy to understand, there are tutorials on youtube and plenty of references on the Wiki.
Constraint Movers (roblox.com)
BodyPosition (roblox.com)

Is your ship suppose to go like you want it to go or you want players to steer it?

It should be automatic, it’ll ferry players from one port to another on the other side of the bay

1 Like

You will want to use a BodyPosition:

Code Sample:

script.Parent.BodyPosition.position = Vector3.new(0, 20, 0)

I think it would be more complicated than that, because the ferry needs to wait for some time at each port and then go to the other one