[PLEASE TEST + FEEDBACK]: Da Brickz, a retro style da hood game

Been too long! Happy fall, heres a little update. Not much, just getting back into it :fallen_leaf:

6 Likes

Is it possible for you to link the game (even if it is incomplete)? It would be amazing to try out the features and give some feedback.

2 Likes

By request (from @diamond6529) I’ve published a new testing game. The map is not finished, and I’d love to have feedback on the game!

I hope its been worth the wait. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, game was private. Fixed now, @SovietsDevEx

1 Like

Streetlights are a must. Add Newsboxes and Hydrants maybe too.

1 Like

Looks Absolutely AMAZING! I love the organization of the city and the building style. The animations are a chef’s kiss as well! I would recommend adding more detail to the streets, interiors for the apartments and houses, and animations for the tools. (also the slingshot needs to be fixed) But in general, I see the potential of how popular and great this game would be!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Adding animations might be tough since I suck at scripting.

1 Like

There’s about ninety buildings in your game and only ten aren’t empty. Every building should have a purpose in a game, not be a decoration.

1 Like

Great advice. I’m not making it so all buildings have a purpose due to keeping performance decent, but my goal is having 1/3-1/2 of the game’s buildings have a use, either aesthetic or game-changing.

2 Likes

I just want to say thank you for all the support this game has been getting.

It was #1 TRENDING in r/robloxgamedev and #4 in r/roblox (also the most upvoted creation of the day)

We’re working on a map overhaul and a lot more goodies which im excited to post here soon!!!

6 Likes

Hey, is this game still in development?

1 Like

I personally don’t agree with the mild gore. Old roblox from what I know didn’t have gore, just brick characters falling apart

1 Like

Yes! Still working on it, pretty much the same as before due to a loss of motivation.

2 Likes

Just try to make the difference not insane, because new players might end up leaving if the same player who has played for hours apon end and grinded out stuff hunts them down.

What do you mean? Difference in trees?

Difference in money, stats, guns, and I suppose knowledge of the map.

Make it extreme gore instead of mild.

you mean like neighborhood war? is this what we should add? (I’m not sure as we might not want the games vibes to go in this direction)

neighborhood war vid (some gore)

The Roblox Neighborhood War Experience - YouTube

Just add an option for like levels of gore. Make it customizable.

Gore should be retro styled. Back in 2013, the well-known BloodScript was found in zombie models, and it created red bricks coming out of your character’s torso.

1 Like