[Plugin] Locked part selector

So, I often worked with locked parts and I noticed that it is sometimes quite annoying that it is not possible to simply select them when needed. For example, when I needed to select an invisible wall at the end of the map in my game and I didn’t know exactly where it was in the explorer, I had to take the lock tool and unlock it, then select that wall and do what I needed. It could happen that I forgot to lock that wall back and later accidentally select it when I didn’t need it. That’s why I came up with one very simple solution. this Plugin:

This plugin is very easy to use. Just press Refresh to activate it.

The very top shows the number of parts that are locked.
If you activate the plugin, a UI button will appear at the exact place where the given part is located and it looks something like this:

Size mode is a function that switches the display size of the given buttons.
Size mode 1 sets the size of the buttons so that the farther you are from the given part, the smaller button is. (Shown in image 1)
Size mode 2 sets the size of the buttons so that the further you are from the given part, the bigger button is.

Next we have selection (which is the main function of this plugin)
Very simple: just click on the button of the given part and it will automatically select it. But there are two types of selection (MultiSelect function).
If multi select is disabled, the plugin will delete your previous selection and set the selection only to the part you clicked on.
If multi select is on, the plugin will keep your previous selection and add the part you clicked to the selection.

Then the plugin has an ON/OFF button, which means that when you set it to OFF and press refresh, button rendering will be paused and only the information on the number of locked parts in the game will be updated.

The Lock/Unlock function is a function that serves to simply lock/unlock all baseparts that are currently selected.

if you have selected at least one part that is locked, this button will appear (see image ↓)
if you press it, it unlocks all parts that are currently selected.

If you have selected at least 1 part that is not locked, this button will appear (see image ↓).
if you press it, it will lock all the parts you have selected.

If you have multiple parts selected, and some are locked and some are unlocked, both buttons will appear (see image ↓ ).

That’s all from the user manual, but there is one more technical information: This plugin will ignore any part called “Terrain” because for some unknown reason the roblox terrain is locked and so it is a basepart. If you name the roblox terrain differently, the select button for locked part will always be displayed in one place. But even if you call any Part “Terrain” and lock it, it will be ignored and button will not be displayed.

That’s all from me, I hope this plugin will be useful for you, if not, at least it will be useful for me so🤣
This plugin is free and if you would like to see other plugins that I have created, here are the links to the topics:

2 Likes

this is useful considering I couldn’t find any plugins like this on search + I finally got rid of the floating part in my game that was locked

1 Like