Progressive Rollout of Future Lighting on Android Devices [Client Beta]

I HOPE it fully releases today, I’ve seen some users with the lighting now.

6 Likes

u sure? my dream will come true ima Go and see

5 Likes

yeah, I’ve double checked the users to check if they aren’t using an APK.

10 Likes

Hi all,

We have identified an increase in crash rates with Future on Android on higher-end devices which requires us to roll it back once more, to fix these crashes. This will delay the availability of Future on Android.

Our updated target is to reach a full rollout by mid-November. Meanwhile, you might notice Future’s availability on Android fluctuating until full rollout, as we work on fixing these instability issues.

8 Likes

Are there any plans to improve the performance or optimize Future Lighting further more during or after this timeframe (up until it fully releases on mid-November)? It is not performing as what one would expect it to be honestly. I am not sure what are the target devices for Future Lighting on Android (high-end devices?) but I would at least expect it to run well for the best mid-range devices. Just playing Doors especially in the lobby or Granny can reduce the fps to very low levels making gameplay in these games with Future Lighting enabled really unplayable.

9 Likes

Also, I would really appreciate if this issue gets fixed, it’s really causing massive slowdowns especially on Mobile. If this gets fixed, it should help a lot with the performance of lighting including Future Lighting.

3 Likes

There’s like a huge optimization for it, i have future lighting, that in common shouldn’t be on my device currently. There’s 2 pictures w/ it.

Tested on the max graphics, runs at 55-60 FPS in avarage, my DPI is set to 372p for this.

3 Likes

released or modded? i rlly wnna know!

2 Likes

Modded, unfortenatly. I’ve used 2 apks to get it with the old one to the new.

2 Likes

What is the device that you got these results on? I am very curious. My friends Android devices which include the Samsung Galaxy A14, Vivo Y100 and some other phones didn’t get good results with Future Lighting on max graphics quality level. The FPS mostly stayed below 30 in average, 40 in best cases and 5 in the worst. You should test this on Doors and Granny honestly. They have the worst frame rates with Future Lighting especially Doors. There were also some messing features and bugs with Future Lighting on the A14 including the lack of PBR textures.

4 Likes

Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE with AdrenoGPU, my processor is Snapdragon 778G. It’s not that bad at rendering games, however, it really creates lags when he tries to render multiple post-processing things.

4 Likes

• Mid: May-August !?!?!?
    is already pass
2 Likes

They actually did a test in August but they instantly rolled it back.

It was unstable, so they had to turn it off and delay it.
That’s the whole point of beta testing.

5 Likes

im really excited for the implementation of future lighting on low-end clients, surely we’ll see the optimization methods they’re working on now to mitigate performance issues.

2 Likes

I just got future lighting today, it runs really well.
I got around 60 fps on most of the games I tested.

My processor is a snapdragon 7s gen 2 if anyone is wondering.

Apeirophobia :

Doors :

I also tested a bunch of other games ofc but I don’t want to make a whole list.

It’s just perfect.

5 Likes

not out for me.

1. rollout could be region-specific
  2. maybe only rolled out for high end devices (im low end but on some games it performed 60fps when i last got it in initial rollout)
  3. random rollout and im unlucky ;-;

I also got it, I have a dimensity 1080 processor and it looks gorgeous.

3 Likes

howwwwwwww? i still dont have it
ima check rn again its tomarrow for me

I GOT IT GUYS

5 fps guys (heavy lobby on potato), and
a r t i f a c t s

1 Like

I got to experience it today and I’m more than happy to see it on testing again. I hope the implementation of this lighting technology on mobile devices go smoothly, the outcome being an optimized rendering system that will allow mobile players to experience the pleasure of good graphics in their phones.

My phone is a TECNO Pova 6 Pro with 12+ RAM and Dimensity CPU, the graphics level on 5.

2 Likes