Progressive Rollout of Future Lighting on Android Devices [Client Beta]

whenever*

Although we should be waiting, since it’s a progressive rollout.

Nevertheless, we would still love to receive updates about the feature.

2 Likes

Hi! As planned, we have done several rounds of enabling and disabling Future on Android since the announcement. I will share an update if we’re expecting any delays pushing us past the announced September target. At this time, we are still on track to reach a full deployment in September!

13 Likes

I’m a bit late but i got ~30fps (33ms) in the doors lobby area that’s in your picture, somewhat stable 60fps in doors floor 2 and stable 60fps in scp-3008, all at 6 graphics on my 778G.

so something is wrong there on your phone, if you’re on Samsung, try game booster plus in game plugins, that should boost your fps.

and if you want even more fps, lower your resolution for Roblox in the game booster plus plugin (personally i set it to about 80%, when i lowered the res too much i actually lost a lot of fps so just find the edge).

I can’t wait for occlusion culling (if it ever comes to mobile), it should improve performance by a ton.

2 Likes

I don’t use Future lighting because the Ambient Occlusion sucks.

Also I thought Shadow Map was only used for the Future lighting beta and was soon replaced with the real deal.

1 Like

I have the same processor, but its Quallcon Snapdragon 778G (i dont have the FIB3 tho for now).
However, my OS is MIUI, the samsung devices are more optimized for the games and can rarely even heat up. Me personally, my phone lags a lot faster when it renders lights on terrain (maybe grass?). But the minus is, that when clouds are in the game, it ruins the performance, when my DPI is set to 572. Lowering it will cause no lag for some reason and future lighting will run with a faster FPS in additional.
So yeah, that’s just a compability with the devices that being added. Maybe i wont even get it.

1 Like

It shouldnt be a samsung thing, ive had a xiaomi phone before and as far as i can remember it has a similar feature called Game Turbo, try setting up things there and then enabling performance mode in-game using the popup on the left.

1 Like

Appears like I was opted out somehow, my device no longer has future lighting enabled. Can’t recheck now unfortunately lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, i was opted out too but now I’m using a Roblox apk with future lighting + some other FFlags enabled and it works great.

3 Likes

where is day Rollout future lighting

4 Likes

May i know if your device is rooted? Or how you did really get it?

it doesn’t need root, only works on 64 bit (the mod dev used 64 bit apk), so I can’t test it

1 Like

nah you dont need root, you can either modify the apk yourself then install it or get one thats already modified (on youtube).

1 Like

how would you sign it tho? i get errors and it crashes signing with V1+V2+V3

2 Likes

Same question, i tried to modify my very own APK, however, security didnt get META-INF right signed.

1 Like

It is true that the new lighting system will be more realistic than the Future?

3 Likes

My guess is that the name will be Future-Future Lighting.

2 Likes

Well, i tried everything to get Future Lighting working, however, no use. After signatures fails, i tried other ways to do it, no, nothing. In total i spent about 4 hours to achive nothing.

4 Likes

Is there any update for it now? It’s been quite a long time since anyone ever gave information about full release lately.

not full release, full beta release it will be

4 Likes

nope, we still have to wait sadly

1 Like