Progressive Rollout of Future Lighting on Android Devices [Client Beta]

how did you still have future lighting? mine is not there

that was my screenshot at 5am (GMT+8), as usual the future lighting got removed too after 12 hours.

5 Likes

Oh i thought it only got removed for me, I liked future lighting, hope it gets back soon!

2 Likes

nah, it got removed for me as well.

yesterday it was working just fine (some unoptimized games did become unplayable on 3+ graphics) but I was getting stable 60 in scp-3008 and ~45fps in apeirophobia (at level 6 graphics).

Iā€™m pretty sure occlusion culling would make things way, way better, but for now I just want future lighting to come back asap so I can test more games.

4 Likes

same, it was night yesterday it got late then got to sleep, i couldnā€™t test trains canyon

2 Likes

The reasons it got removed (probably idk) were because:

-Shadows bugs/pixelate with global lighting (sun) although Iā€™m not pretty sure if FL is the reason why it happened.
-Some shadows or lighting coming from future lighting technology also glitched.
-Lighting itself could look kinda inconsistent at times.

Although this may vary with the device running the technology, pretty much itā€™s now being fixed ASAP.

6 Likes

the pixelated shadow from the sun did happen yes but it wasnt anything game breaking and it only happened in midnight racing.

they couldā€™ve just hotfixed it imo.

3 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue on max graphics quality level ever since Future lighting support got added on Android.

6 Likes

Future lighting support is gone for me and all of my friends as well.

2 Likes

Textures/shadows were really glitchyā€¦

May I know what device youā€™re using?

1 Like

I am using a Samsung Galaxy M12 phone.

hope it gets re added tomarrow

1 Like

This is still happening, even without Future Lighting.

4 Likes

Itā€™s probably a thing your phone does.

Try reinstalling Roblox.

2 Likes

1 Day itā€™s still not backā€¦
Maybe next week?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been experiencing this too on my s22 Ultra, even prior to the Future lighting update.

3 Likes

are you using an Exynos SoC version of S22u or the Snapdragon one?
(I noticed that the affected users were Samsung users with Exynos SoC or am I wrong)

1 Like

Iā€™m a samsung user, doesnā€™t happen to my device

im using the snapdragon version, Australian model

3 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s related to my phone. Other people have reported experiencing the same issue and Iā€™ve only been experiencing this issue very recently. So far everyone that has reported having the issue has a Samsung Galaxy phone, so I am not sure if it affect phones of other brands.

6 Likes