Progressive Rollout of Future Lighting on Android Devices [Client Beta]

It is expected that during the progressive rollout you might see fluctuations in Future on Android’s availability. We are running several tests and as a consequence of these tests we might be disabling Future on certain devices. We will be reenabling it over the course of the next 2 months.

13 Likes

Thank you for reporting this issue! We believe it is likely not related to Future on Android but we’d like to track the issue and look into it. Would it be possible to open a bug report for this issue, please? Meanwhile, would you have a placefile reproducing the bug that you’d be open to sharing with us, please? That would help us investigate the problem. :pray:

5 Likes

Our engine philosophy puts movement and simulation of objects at the forefront. We’ve been prioritizing a design approach which assumes that any object could move. This is also why we don’t have a concept of guaranteed static objects in the engine as even anchored objects could move. In alignment with this philosophy, we have been investing in Dynamic lighting so that lighting can always refresh and adapt to Roblox’s dynamic worlds.

This is by design and it definitely comes with its benefits and limitations. We are aware of the request and we are tracking it. However, we don’t have plans to add baked lighting to the engine at this time.

10 Likes

Thank you for acknowledging this ! Any communication is very much welcomed by the community :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I can contribute, it happens to me daily when I set the graphics quality near the maximum. And this problem has been happening to me for months, it’s not something of the Future lighting, I discovered it initially when in an experience they used the grass (terrain) and it was reaching so much that it always crashes the game, just as a fact, but currently it happens to me in almost all of them.

In the video you can see that black spot, in fact I have tried it again and it is difficult to make the bug happen again.
The point is that in this case, what you see of the black spot is a decal with a black .png image simulating a shadow. In other times it has happened to me that in those pixels that “trespass” the things, the avatars,
BillboardGui text, etc. are transparent and in the case of this experience, only the tracks (mesh) and the terrain were seen, the same happens sometimes with the horizon (black pixels), then it is confusing, but if I can help in something, here I listen

:clapper: Evidence

1 Like

Thank you so much for communicating this with us, we still hope to be seeing this technology again soon!

3 Likes

Future Lighting will available everyone it or specific devices?
It will be cool if every devices will access to Future Lighting! I will wait also Depth Of Field for Android Devices!
Also, iOS Devices already have Future lighting or not yet?

iOS Devices had Future lighting almost since its official release.

I think the main reason for this years of delay its due to technical things. iOS uses Metal just as macOS. and Roblox is made in Objective-C. Where on Android it’s on Java(if I remember correctly) and they use Vulkan and OpenGL.

1 Like

Hello @LightBeamRays

I have just created a bug report for this issue with the steps to reproduce it. It seems to affect all games and so far I’ve got it on Doors, Cart Ride delivery service and Promidius Games Granny. It also appears to only affect Mobile devices.

Here’s the bug report link:-

2 Likes

Do you think Roblox will ever get a shader editor? This can allow developers to get ahead of roblox updates and make games look exactly how they want it to.

5 Likes

Is there any intention to address the issue in FIB 16 where local lights do not interact with beams, given that FIB 15 had it? This bug has hindered the implementation of advanced and innovative volumetric lighting techniques.
@LightBeamRays

7 Likes

I believe this update has glitched PC users.

Regardless of what our graphics mode is on, the quality appears automatic. It’s been going on ever since this update. I hope ROBLOX looks into this issue. I’m not the only one.

How will a mobile update affect PC Users? Very weird.

6 Likes

Oh funny, i think it Future Lighting still have and got bugged in my game.
Also in my game don’t have cyan and purple light, also i don’t have very bright red light.
Some ppl get it bugs (i didn’t had it bug).

(Isn’t my screenshots)

(it fixed later very bright bug)