Progressive Rollout of Future Lighting on Android Devices [Client Beta]

I thought future lighting was disabled for android users

3 Likes

It’s still disabled, some people still have it by editing FFlags on Android

2 Likes

It disabled, but sometime nowhere just very bright lighting and it look like from future lighting. :confused:
It only in my game and maybe some other games that bug with lighting.

1 Like

Looking like future doesn’t mean it’s future, in shadowmap and future in outdoor scene with no pointlights, surfacelight, spotlight will exactly look the same.

ik, but future is buggy even in shadowmap (when isn’t should be, but only from nowhere lighting)
But like that with material lighting can do only future, impossible with shadowmap

1 Like

i think your using a modified roblox version with future lighting, since it’s disabled currently.
edit: the mobile emulator in studio uses pc graphics, so it will not look same on the actual device

some ppl getting too same bugs or even more bright, and i forgot say isn’t my screenshot.
it was been just shadowmap and just appears look like future lighting.

1 Like

It does support Future lighting, there is a difference in shadows and reflection when i select shadow then future.

1 Like

What about indoor shadows at nighttime??

1 Like

Yep it works

character29288r8383ie

1 Like

then, roblox studio is using other graphic api for future cuz ur pc supports it. if you try opengl on pc which doesn’t have Vulkan or DirectX 10 or above (me), then future will not even work.

2 Likes

We really, REALLY need this. (check reply)

Related: It's 2023, *please* give us discrete graphics options

4 Likes

used code
FFlagFIB3OnAndroidExperimentEnabled
FFlagFIB3OnAndroidExperimentIncludeVR that fastflags new

1 Like

How did you edit FFlags on Android?

1 Like

@bon_v2 that huh right good. Yes yes

*For 32-Bit, I know that you can change in 64-Bit.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I saw his modified APK but I was scared to download it. ( I don’t usually trust these )

1 Like

I tried making one myself but yea (i failed cuz different signatures)

I don’t know what I’m doing moment

1 Like

I’m just going to wait till September (I heard somewhere that it will get reenabled in the course of next 2 months), and get future lighting without risking Account deleted cause “Exploiting” (Changing Internal files)

1 Like

yeah… no, it’s the best not doing that.

1 Like