Progressive Rollout of Future Lighting on Android Devices [Client Beta]

Update : i think we are nearing re enable of Future lighting for Android devices, as the lighting brightness in ShadowMap for point lights is same as future, but without shadows, pbr, reflections…

Noticed in : Doors

3 Likes

Hope so! I’m really looking forward to it since my computer doesn’t support future lighting and yeah I’ll have to use my mobile device

2 Likes

Same! I can use my mobile device to test lighting on future.

2 Likes

I don’t notice any changes in the lighting you’re mentioning

1 Like

the lighting brightness matches with future lighting on shadowmap, before it was brighter than shadowmap

2 Likes

Hmm I have DirectX10 but it’s still falls back to shadowmap? I’m a bit confused.

1 Like

i have directx12, but my feature level is 10, 11 is the minimum you need.

to check feature level

1. press win key + r
  2. type dxdiag
  3. click on tab with monitor / graphic info idk (written in mobile)
  4. See the feature_level in the box at top right
1 Like

Oh dang, I have level 10. I thought it would work with that level as well, that’s why I asked. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

btw just a fact
they were planning to add DirectX 10 support last moment but they scrapped it, i saw it in fib repo

1 Like

I can’t thank you enough for telling me, I just emulated DirectX and it worked!

2 Likes

WHAT!!! any tutorial or file please, i really really need it!

1 Like

Aight, I’ll try to DM you it since I got flagged for being off topic once

There I did it

4 Likes

Hopefully it’ll release very soon, because my PC doesn’t even support some graphic effects (Future Lighting, DepthOfField).
And i also wanna see my games with future technology.

2 Likes

if ur pc doesn’t support it, even with this update u cant get it, u need DirectX 11, Vulkan or metal.

2 Likes

I hope this arrives at the beginning of September, at least I will be able to test future lighting a little more in my experiences.

Plus doors floor two.

3 Likes

only for mobile android supporting Vulkan, if ur pc doesn’t have it then it’s too old

3 Likes

Yeah, i’d say 14 year old PC is indeed can’t run things properly and yeah, my phone has Vulkan support.

5 Likes

Any updates? It has been 2 months and it’s not* re enabled

2 Likes

where is future lighting on android is already two months

3 Likes

As espected, it’ll be delayed. Not to mention some users already got the access and losing it, but what’s even the point? Just let us experience with it whatever we want.

1 Like