Property window sometimes get stuck, won't update when selecting other objects

Sometimes the Property Window gets stuck and won’t update when I click on items in the 3d view or on items in the explorer.

I’m not sure what causes it, but I had just done Right Click > Show in Explorer on a script Window, and was toggling some scripts on/off as Disabled when I noticed the window wasn’t updating and was stuck. Last week when it happened, I was selecting multiple parts and mass changing properties (e.g. color). Closing the Properties Window and reopening it doesn’t fix the issue, only restarting Studio seems to fix it. The Explorer still works fine when this happens.

2 Likes

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

I’ve attached a place file with a 100% reproduction case for this bug.

1. Run the attached place file and make sure the debugger is set to break “On All Exceptions”
  2. Wait for the debugger to break on the error (For some reason, a short delay is needed to trigger the bug)
  3. Stop debugging by hitting the stop button
  4. Try clicking around in the Properties window. The Properties window no longer updates.

property_window_breaks.rbxl (54.0 KB)

1 Like

same thing happened with me. It is not fixed for now.

Been happening to me for months, the only temp fix is to relaunch studio or press play then stop VERY ANNOYING