Property window sometimes get stuck, won't update when selecting other objects

Sometimes the Property Window gets stuck and won’t update when I click on items in the 3d view or on items in the explorer.

I’m not sure what causes it, but I had just done Right Click > Show in Explorer on a script Window, and was toggling some scripts on/off as Disabled when I noticed the window wasn’t updating and was stuck. Last week when it happened, I was selecting multiple parts and mass changing properties (e.g. color). Closing the Properties Window and reopening it doesn’t fix the issue, only restarting Studio seems to fix it. The Explorer still works fine when this happens.

6 Likes

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

2 Likes

I’ve attached a place file with a 100% reproduction case for this bug.

1. Run the attached place file and make sure the debugger is set to break “On All Exceptions”
  2. Wait for the debugger to break on the error (For some reason, a short delay is needed to trigger the bug)
  3. Stop debugging by hitting the stop button
  4. Try clicking around in the Properties window. The Properties window no longer updates.

property_window_breaks.rbxl (54.0 KB)

1 Like

same thing happened with me. It is not fixed for now.

Been happening to me for months, the only temp fix is to relaunch studio or press play then stop VERY ANNOYING

Still happening very annoying bug please fix :melting_face:

still on-going, please have this fixed ASAP.

Please! Still haven’t even heard back from them on any updates…

I’ve found a solution that removes the bug for me:

• Go to studio settings or ALT + S
  • Go to the studio tab on the left side
  • Scroll down to the Debugger section
  • Disable Debugger Enabled

And the bug should be fixed, hope this helps :smiley:

1 Like

Life saver if this works :pray: thank you so much

I need to use the debugger because I test code quite a bit. So if you find out that the properties tab is not updating just simply:

1. Play Test
  2. If an error occurs (Or skip to next step if not) causing the game to pause make sure to press the “resume scripts” button.
  3. Stop the game.

Your properties tab should be updating again. For some reason the code running the properties tab is tied to the debugger that pauses all the scripts running in game. So I assume the code isn’t resumed when the game is stopped entirely causing it to not update during edit mode and requires the work around method above.

This just has been happening to me too, at least now I know this issue just isn’t me and not an issue with my pc/client.

The only way I know how to fix this bug is just to close studio all the way and reopen it which kind of gets annoying after a while when it happens repeatly.

You can resume it by play testing then stopping it making sure to resume any scripts incase you have the debugger on pause.

Hi developers, a fix for this issue has been released. Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.