PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

I am part of the Beta program and have been for months now. Why have I not been given this feature yet?

As stated in OP, only a small amount of people have been allowed to opt in, and being a part of the Beta program doesn’t grant you automatic access

2 Likes

This is awesome, any release dates?

Could you possibly give us an estimated time as to when this will become available to the public, or when you plan on increasing the amount of users that can opt-in, @phri? I’d love to test this out, and find/report bugs.

2 Likes

I really love the sleekness of the app, I would love to opt-in. I remember the escape menu changing for a brief time. Was that just a test?

1 Like

This really should be given to windows user who are part of the program. The 1% stated can be non devforum users, who might not be bothered about reporting a glitch or bug.

5 Likes

Giving only 1% of all players access is nothing but dumb. We understand it’s not stable, so “but there might be a bug which we don’t want everyone seeing” isn’t a good excuse.

3 Likes

This is not the UWP App. This is the ROBLOX Player we are talking about!

1 Like

Nope. But looks like it’s gonna take a while. Since they said:

Well be deactivating and enabling this beta over the following weeks and/or months.

1 Like

Will users still be able to launch roblox from the webesite?

2 Likes

Yes. From what I have read. You should.

2 Likes

No- I mean that this is like the current Windows 10 app.

I am in confusion but ok the UWP app really sucks

Yeah, that’s why I don’t use it. This is kinda a replacement.

1 Like

Somewhere between June and August, I received the update for the menu, then it got reverted a few days after. The same thing happened to me in October, I had the update and it got reverted to the old one. Anyone know why? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Roblox for some reason, kinda releases a feature accidentally alot of times.

1 Like

Ah, makes sense. Thank you!! :grinning:

2 Likes

…It’s native, Roblox UI. Even if it wasn’t, you can’t use extensions in the locked down browser from the new app.

I have a few questions.

1. Is Roblox FPS unlocker supported with this?
  2. Will this roll out in the future to 2% → 5% → 10%, etc…
  3. What are the known bugs with it?
  4. Will there be support for apps like create.roblox.com, devforum.roblox.com, developer.roblox.com, etc…

I just want to know because I don’t have it yet.

I meant the little bar at the top of your screen in the website lol

1 Like