PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

Mac support is NEEDED. I love this UI and MacOs users such as myself shouldn’t be left out!

4 Likes

Yeah, I totally agree with you!

2 Likes

Yeah mac support is needed, that’d be lovely

2 Likes

I am aware; It’s native UI since it appears in-game as well, not just in the main screen (Which is also native)

2 Likes

Will the app improve anything regards to security? I understand that Roblox cracks down on exploiters on a daily, and people can bypass some account bans by using VPNs etc, but I think this app opens new opportunities to provide security to lower the impact of exploiters, such as HWID bans.

2 Likes

They already do HWID bans on exploiters, But it is rare
I’m pretty sure this would make it EASIER for exploiters because things like reshade stay enabled between games without restart so I would assume when the client stays open, Synapse X stays injected

3 Likes

The UI is ugly and I hate how touch friendly stuff looks, You can’t disable the home screen when leaving games so the only way to not get that home screen is to force quit, I can’t use ESC+L+ENTER to leave because I have to press the confirm instead of pressing enter, I don’t like that if I put my cursor at the top of the screen a giant topbar comes down, You can’t decide to disable the “Login via the client” and I have had it still be logged out when I press play on the website, I can’t disable the home screen in this new client. I don’t like this at all

2 Likes

Well, it does mean…

• No security cookies or cookies in general
  • Javascript Roblox scams would be gone
3 Likes

Does that mean the removal of the .ROBLOSECURITY token also? Or will they be keeping this too. Because despite whatever security measures Roblox puts in place, somebody always manages to utilize the token in a malicious form.

1 Like

Yes, it would be removed because it happens to be a cookie.

1 Like

The Roblox FPS unlocker does work as it’s basically running on the Roblox client.

3 Likes
  1. Yes it is supported;

2. Probably;

3. There are some, depending you can but maybe won’t get lag spikes, they’re not like WOW SPIKES they’re subtle but they’re there, some people don’t experience it, the Topbar showing fullscreen and stuff sometimes gets stuck and you have to leave fullscreen and get back in to fix it, there’s the problem that you can’t join specific public servers… There’s a bunch but it’s playable and I like it. Also you can’t do F10 to increase your graphics with the beta, something I used to do a lot, and yeah;

4. Probably no, I think they should go and do it, but it seems like right now they’re getting the code from mobile and putting it on this version, there’s a lot to do. I think create.roblox.com should at least have a link which would open your browser, at least that;

2 Likes

Hm I don’t think removal is the right word since really . ROBLOSECURITY is still used for basically everything. I don’t see how it could be removed. Its a weird question, anyways, definelity no, it will just become less able to be scammed with those inspect element stuff; IT still uses a cookie at it’s core;

3 Likes

Cookies are for websites and web apps. The Roblox application is not a web app, so there likely isn’t a .ROBLOSECURITY cookie.

Seems very inconsistent, but that’s just my take…

You can’t just throw mobile code on Windows and expect it to work. It seems like that it was built from the ground up with a similar design to the mobile version in order to make things more consistent.

Also, the mobile version doesn’t have a .ROBLOSECURITY cookie, so why would the desktop application be using a .ROBLOSECURITY cookie if its sharing the same code as the mobile version?

1 Like

It still stores the cookie data, there’s no other way of logging in other than storing a token and stuff; It probably isn’t a “cookie” but it’s still probably the same thing

Its not similar, it’s the same. Trust me on that, there’s also the fact that there’s languages that work both in mobile and pc like platforms, just like Lua code on Roblox runs both for PC and MAC and Mobile and all others; that’s basically how it works, I believe I saw someone say it’s based around Lua; not sure, I have it and it’s the same, if I compare it to my phone, it’s literally the same, it doesn’t just look the same, it acts the same, it feels the same, it’s the SAME thing

2 Likes

You cannot be sure about any of that unless it was information directly from Roblox.

1 Like

You can’t be sure of that either;

1 Like

Well, neither of us can be sure of anything. All of this is just pure speculation. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The beta app most like uses the auth cookie since studio currently uses it as well. If you don’t trust me, you can just check the documentation of tarmac, which is a tool created by Roblox.

--auth <cookie>

• Explicitly defines the authentication cookie Tarmac should use to communicate with Roblox.
  • If not specified, Tarmac will attempt to locate one from the local system.

You can also use the help subcommand:

On an unrelated noted, there’s an internal API for built-ins and CoreGui that can send requests to roblox.com, and .ROBLOSECURITY is always included, making it a necessity to save it to begin with.

2 Likes

How would intruders be able to access the .ROBLOSECURITY cookie in the app?

1 Like