PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

I never said anything about intruders? Simply saying the app 100% stores a security cookie. It is necessary to make api requests after all.

1 Like

That’s what this conversation was originally about.

1 Like

will this stop ad blockers blocking roblox ads? That would be amazing for devs!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, that seems to be the case.

1 Like

Yes. But currently I don’t have ads. They don’t show up, I was like, oh yeah it must be great, but currently there’s no ads in the beta. That’s probably why it’s only 1%. I think also there might be a thing with the ads which I think they might separate the ads from the website and the app.

1 Like

Using the website is really clunky and slow imo. I use the Windows Store app for the sake of hopping onto games much faster without having to sit and wait for Roblox to finish updating. However, it does crash every so often. UWP as a whole feels so buggy so having a native app would be more reliable.

It reminds me of the old Roblox Browser…

2 Likes

it is also beta, i will be very annoyed if they take out ads for a huge chunk of the players.

1 Like

Why would that happen?

Buggy in what sense?

They’ve done that before, so… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

eh that is just from the game page so not a big deal, i remember when they did that. If they took them out away from the app then advertising would become as useless or more useless than sponsors

1 Like

Advertisements aren’t great these days: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-advertisements-are-now-dead/977913

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it happen? The app is gonna be the main way to acess roblox soon, and they work quite differently. And currently ads do not show up.

UWP (windows store app, not the new app) is definelity really buggy, and doesn’t work the best.

1 Like

in my personal experience of doing ads myself they are fairly good
i dont listen to what other people say about ads when i have proof from one of my own games

1 Like

Roblox has said that they have “no plans to eliminate the website” as mentioned in the OP.

But why? I thought you were referring to UWP as a whole.

How much Robux did you invest?

1 Like

Main way, if it’s the main way, then obviously there’s other ways.

2 Likes

How can we be so sure that it’ll be the “main way” to access Roblox?

1 Like

I have it, even on beta I can tell this is so much better than the website, and it’s gonna improve.

1 Like

There are going to be people who will still want to use the website as proven by the replies in this topic.

1 Like

Most people didn’t even test it and it’s just like, if you don’t have it then :D/ The experience of using it, is so much more different than the screenshots; I still go on the website because of bugs, and i launch it mostly from there, BUT after I launch it, I hardly go into the website.

Okay, but there are definitely people out there who feel differently.

There is one problem here.

You did say that only 1% of players on Roblox can use the beta, but someobe figured out on how to use it via a link.

Anyway, I did get the beta and it’s very nice. I’d think I’d stay on the website though, because of my favorite chrome extensions. (not adblockers, I hate them)