PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

That’s cool for you, but whether the app is better or not is subjective. I’ll want to use the website for a multitude of reasons, like being able to do multiple actions on different tabs at once (I’m some freak that has 50 different Roblox tabs open at once), and changing avatars without leaving the game I’m in.

1 Like

Why do you hate them?

I saw the link myself. No regrets whatsoever! :grin:

they mostly slow down your experience

Aren’t they supposed to speed up your experience by blocking advertisements?

Also, it appears that certain parts of the app are not finished. The parts of the app that are not finished seem to redirect to an embedded version of Internet Explorer 11 (judging by the scrollbar).

For example, this small window pops up when clicking on the “Messages” button…

1 Like

Yes I know, I have the actual version which doesnt get disconnected;

Yes it was kind of expected for someone to find how to modify a flag or something similar, though this link seems to not work that effectively, when you get the beta on an actual account, you can just open roblox and it will be on that format until you reinstall roblox, if you try the link, not only you’re gonna have to relogin everytime because the data about the app gets reset when you leave, the app also doesn’t stay on when you close it, you have to reopen it with the link again to have the beta again, also I tested the link out, and when I tried the link it actually resetted the app beta for some odd reason, I had to go on my alt account and enable it again, so if you actually have the beta and don’t like it you could actually use this link, open roblox that way, close roblox, and now you’re not in the beta anymore :person_shrugging:

I don’t hate them due to performance issues.
I use it for other websites but not for Roblox.
I just want to see advertisements since I sometimes look for a newly made game or a new game to play.

Well, atleast you get to try the beta.

I also have the link, but for obvious reasons I’m not going to share it.

Oh, okay. That’s good! :grinning:

Yeah, same.

You need that token to stay logged in.
It’s possible to token log discord mobile and roblox authenticates your stored cookie instead of storing your password so no, It is not going to be removed

The mobile app does the same. This is just mobile but for PC. Thats also another reason why the .ROBLOSECURITY isn’t going away

You’re 100% certain about that?

I don’t think that matters because it won’t be accessible to intruders.

It looks exactly the same, And you can’t disable automatically going to the home when leaving, like mobile does

Breaking news: The link is public, and a site named (redacted) has the steps to do so. It allows you to share the link in (redacted) and also allows you to manually change to the beta and reverse.

Yes it is. Bro, I can gonna show how literally they’re the same thing; They were just ported.

Phone:

The ONLY THING that changes here are positions of buttons and the fact that there are different windows that uses a browser version. That is literally it. And the fact that the part where you actually play is just normal roblox with the new menu, but the main menu, the one I showed here is the same.

3 Likes

Wow I like the new setup I wouldn’t mind opt in good job Roblox

So the catalog is bad, I presume?

2 Likes

Hm, I actually am dumb and wanted to remove the beta for a bit and ended up realising I don’t get the prompt anymore… But I believe last time it used the Browser PopUp thing; And I prefer it, the mobile catalog has more limitations

2 Likes

Alright, because using the mobile catalog would be the thing that makes me never touch the new app.

(Probably never will either way though, lol.)

3 Likes

We can’t be sure that it has the same code though, right?

I heard about that.

The smartphone version has a different layout.

I have said this before, but how do you know that it’s using the same code?

What do you dislike so much about it?

1 Like

I think it’s obvious, there’s platforms that are compatible all around on most platforms, and it makes sense if they wanna make a mobile app, to have something like that, I heard the mobile app UI is coded on Lua? Don’t quote me on that because I’m not sure what language it is, but it behaves the same, looks the same, works the same, the glitches are similar, people reporting not being able to join vip servers and stuff; and I’m pretty sure someone said it was a while back; the loading is the same for thumbnails, it behaves the same, it’s the same speed, it FEELS the same, they just removed a lot of code that was specific to mobile like the part which shows groups, profiles, anything, is different when you click on then, but mainly it’s the same code for the actual menu;

2 Likes