PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

They’d have to port it from ARM architecture to x86 architecture. That requires a lot of effort.

You sure? You code games in Roblox and it just works on mobile :person_shrugging: That’s what probably happened here :slight_smile:

You don’t have to write Roblox games for a specific architecture.

Then that’s probably what happened here’s they used a certainly platform on which they code THERE and then they can port it wherever they want.

The fact that it’s so limiting. For example, when narrowing down prices, I can’t get the exact price.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s REALLY on beta right now but expect it to get better, it helps on Multitasking still because you don’t need to leave roblox entirely so you might like it. For devs it isn’t that big of a deal, but when you’re playing it makes a difference.

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re talking about now.

Oh, I had no clue about that.

We can only hope that it’ll improve within the next few months.

Also it seems like it does use cookie data.

Yes, we’ve already been over this.

This new app looks great! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I think a redesign of the app is a good idea, but there are a few things I dislike about it, here are some of my suggestions:

• Game icons are too big. The user will be playing on a computer, where they don’t need huge buttons.
  • Menu blur. When you open the menu, the game will appear gray-ish. I think instead of making it gray, there could be a blur. In my opinion a blur would look nicer.

Very good job Roblox! :+1:

3 Likes

Hey! The link to install the beta has been leaked, so players are able to install the new beta app, it comes from a youtube video.

Dude, that will probably get you banned, so don’t try it.

I didn’t, I saw a youtube video that leaked the link, and just reported it to DevEngagement.

• Only 1% of Windows users will be eligible enter the beta
  1. Typo
  2. I think the fact that only 1% of Windows users can use this is kind of outrageous.

They want to make sure it works before giving it to every single user.

2 Likes

This has already been pointed out multiple times before! Searching should reveal multiple replies saying the same thing.

@mekboy21: That is misinformation. It’s a simple protocol link. People have been using these for years to make custom game joiners.

2 Likes

I did searched, but what only came up was irrelevant searches.

2 Likes

There’s quite a few, for example this one, from 11 days ago.

4 Likes

I discovered how to get the Roblox Beta App permanently (but can be removed) via Command Prompt.

And I wish they don’t create new windows for separate areas like the Profile pages or Robux pages.