PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

Well, the program is still a work in progress, so we will have to wait and see what happens. For whatever reason, they’re using an embedded version of Internet Explorer 11 for the separate windows, which can often be a painful experience.

The protocol links do the exact same thing.

1 Like

You can remove it using a browser protocol link?

Yeah, but it’s a one time and will need to sign in again and again.

Yes, that’s correct. There’s a few arguments you can use to remove the beta mode. Protocol links are pretty much just a shortcut for program commands.

1 Like

I can personally confirm that’s not the case. I was able to use a protocol link to enable the beta mode forever. I can share the link I’ve used if you’re interested in checking it out. This needs to be possible, after all, that’s how the website’s beta button functions.

1 Like

Will the Roblox beta app (For Windows) be on Mac?

2 Likes

Well, we can only hope… :pray:

:crossed_fingers: Please let this happen!

I’ve used the app for a week and to be honest it’s really nice, My biggest annoyance is that when I try to open a Friend’s profile it takes me to a popup from the app instead of doing it on the website. I know it’s not done but I wish that was a fully functioning feature. I haven’t noticed any bugs yet but if I do I will let you guys know.

YES IT IS ONLY UWP use the package windows.

Yeah I hope they remove the pop-ups. It wont be a very seamless experience otherwise. And they should also add the ‘Create’ page and other features from the website, because if they just revamp the UI not a lot of people are going to make the change, They should almost add all the features from the website so the app can be better than the website. (If you agree me :p)

@mariofilho2016 Im not sure what do you mean?

Would it also redirect to Roblox Studio?

I think he was talking about this.

Thanks, but I still don’t understand the part where he said ‘Use the package Windows’?

Use the Windows package? Maybe that’s what he meant to say.

The Windows package? I don’t understand what a Windows package is tbh- lol

Sorry, Im just soo confused xd

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem.