PSA: Upcoming Maintenance on Audio, Video, and Video Ad Uploads

[Update] May 23, 2024

[Update] May 22, 2024

Hi Creators,

We will be performing maintenance on our systems and expect a temporary delay in our asset approval queue times.

Maintenance will begin May 22 at 9:00PM PST (4:00AM GMT) and will last for roughly eight hours. During this downtime, you will still be able to upload audio, video, and video ad assets, but they will remain in the moderation “pending” state until the maintenance is concluded.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

105 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 11 minutes.

Wondering if the Maintenance was started early by mistake?
Was waiting at least 6+ Hours yesterday for images to be approved

6 Likes

Oi? I’m not sure tho this if even affecting if you keep on locking it to ID verification! Nobody can bloody upload in the first place.

4 Likes

Nope. This maintenance only affects audio, video, and video ad uploads and will only be in effect at the mentioned time.

10 Likes

Maintenance, assuming optimization of internal code or about-to-come improvements and updates to how these assets work as a whole?

7 Likes

ID verification is easy, what issue are you having with it?

12 Likes

Hopefully the whole site and game goes on maintenance assuming the first

6 Likes

I think a lot of people are wary about giving out their personal information, as even the biggest websites boasting proudly about how much security they have could have a security breach. A photo of your government ID / driver’s license can literally be used to steal your identity, and nothing good comes out of that.

Roblox doesn’t retain the information for long so you’d need to get really unlucky for that to actually happen, but it’s still a common fear.

13 Likes

May be damaging for some games, but the adformentioned date being long away, I dont see much people making a fuss about it.

6 Likes

Video Ads only require an ID verifaction.

5 Likes

Neither. General maintenance of the upload flows for these asset types.

This will only cause audio, video, and video ad assets that are uploaded during this maintenance period to remain in the moderation “pending” state for longer than usual.

10 Likes

an ID is a big ask for some, but have you tried linking a phone number? some friends of mine have increased limits and VC access from having their phone number linked for a while.

6 Likes

Experienced the same issue, my game updated and was stuck with pending icon for hours

4 Likes

As far as public audio is concerned, is it new because it’s been more than 2 years that we haven’t had any news about the future of the horrible audio update?

6 Likes

Just a reminder that it has been 2 YEARS and public audio is still not available.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

How about you apologize for this seemingly permanent inconvenience too. Until it is resolved - apology not accepted.

8 Likes

Fun Fact: You can upload audio yourself

4 Likes

I consider this irrelevant to my issue. My problem with this 2 year long “update” is:

“Enabling Store is unavailable at this time. Please check back later.”

7 Likes

Okay, nothing crazy though.

What caused maintenance?

4 Likes

I hope the maintenance goes well, would be great if more transparency about what the maintenance is for was included in this post!

3 Likes