Public Animations

someone should just script something that takes data from the keyframesequence to tween the rig’s motor6d

6 Likes

It’s been 4 years. How long does it take to make animations shareable.

5 Likes

Animations cannot be sharable. But is a way to use public animations by this:

• Insert a dummy with the model “AnimSaves”
  • Open the animation editor and export it.

roblox uh cam you please do it so i can be sane again

4 Likes

This should really be a feature already

I believe this feature is essential for game development with Team Create. As you mentioned, it should be relatively easy to implement by limiting it to group editing only, this way it could efficiently moderated. Such a feature would greatly enhance the game creation process and improve animation process overall. It will allow teams to work together quicker while also ensuring proper monitoring and control over the animations within the games. Let’s hope Roblox can make it happen. :melting_face:

1 Like

Bumping it, although there should be list of allowed animations in games.
The problem is that, animations can replicate to server, and bad actors like exploiters can abuse it well. Having a list of what animations are allowed in the game would eliminate the bad actors from abusing public animation system.
Just a thought I wanted to share.

As long as exploiters have physics authority over their own characters, they will always be able to animate their characters in inappropriate ways.
I still believe the benefits of allowing animations to be made public (being able to create systems that anyone can use without re-uploading animations) greatly outweigh any potential drawbacks.

3 Likes

Bumping - At least give an allow-animation process like Sounds have, where you can explicitly grant permission to other places if you Publish to Roblox in a different place.

Group-to-Group / Player-to-Group Animation transferring sucks.

2 Likes

Bumping this thread, would like to see public animations in the roblox field again.

Bumping, animations and also sounds suffer from the lack of flexability there is with perms (ofc a public option would solve most of these issues), I have a package admin I made that uses anims and sounds and for every experience (has diff ownership) I add it to I have to go through hell uploading animations and setting the sounds’ perms (it’s horrible the way it is right now) to allow them to be played in the experience

2 Likes

I think this would work best if the animations wouldn’t work on a game until the game owner adds them to their inventory. Remember when Roblox uploaded a rope-swinging animation on their account? Exploiters sure do. They call it ;bang.

You did NOT :skull::skull:

I am onto agreeing this statement

and that it should be convenient for developers for both animations and sounds.

However, I believe there should be selection for developers.

I currently suck at animating, and using any public animations as a placeholder for now would allow me to work on the remaining of the game faster and gives me more confidence. I still need after 6 years of requesting.

That was actually a balloon animation, but it could’ve worked for swinging too.

1 Like

Please tell me there’s been an updateee

honestly, i dont know why animations are per user, if you can spoof anims anyway, why even bother making this a thing and not changing it? im pretty sure everybody would be happy as they would like to get free animations, there are animators who want to open source weapons they made along with animations and it requires the other user to reupload all anims which suck, dont know why its still a feature in 2024 if animation spoofing is so easy to do, not to mention its not even a good feature.

I feel like a request like this should’ve been filed with intent for privacy and publicity with animations. If the a player wants their animation not to be stolen, it should be more than possible just like audios, and if the player wants it to be public, they can make it public.

clearly, its an obvious feature that wouldve been added no matter what so its pointless to even mention it, its like audios.

It’s not clear that its going to release, its like decals and whatnot they’d have to put it on an agenda list that’s pending release. I would expect something mentioning it but I’ve yet to come across it, its always great to remind them if they don’t remember.

no i meant about public or private options