Public Sound Effects Upload Are Now Available for Creators

Great update tbh, but keep it like this at 10 seconds, don’t allow 10+ as this will be horrible.

4 Likes

Amazing, not much more to say, it’s amazing that audios are kind of returning.

4 Likes

Was excited about this until seeing the length cap is… 10 seconds? Nevermind, nothing to be excited about.

3 Likes

Are you guys serious? Another advantage to ID verification and another f u to non ID-verified creators…

4 Likes

I don’t care if Roblox ensures us that this is the most secure process ever. I don’t care if Roblox makes the process as easy and pain-proof as possible. I don’t even care if the company behind ID verification deletes your data after a month or whatever. I’m not risking getting doxxed for funny audios on a Lego game. End of story.

21 Likes

Actually, you could still upload your own sounds before this update, but release to the public was never a thing?

3 Likes

Tipalti data breach that basically no light was shed on:
(it had every devex developer’s full information, packaged and ready for fraud)

7 Likes

So how does it work for my group games? If it relies on the user that added it, furthermore, if I hire someone and then remove their rank in my group, how does it work then?

1 Like

While I am a little disappointed about the whole ID thing, I don’t think it’ll be an issue for me.
I can’t wait to start uploading public audios again!

Dang, hold on, just finished reading. Didn’t realize the audio cap was less than 10 seconds, I think that’s absolutely ludicrous because it hinders those of us who want to upload custom music for everyone to use. It would’ve been cool to encourage indie composers and essentially create Roblox’s own “Production Music Library.”

1 Like

Wait, really? if that’s the case then why does it specifically say ID-verified users?

It wasn’t free before. You had to pay as far as I believe

1 Like

I don’t know, Roblox is really bad with their wording…

1 Like

So even if I am in the right, I will have to just deal with it? This is ridiculous, it’s a must for any creator to appeal especially for automated moderation that often gets things wrong. My moderation history is important, and if I get warned, and I am in the right, I must be able to appeal to get my stuff approved, and have moderation action taken off my account. Unless this changes, I will not distribute any audio.

5 Likes

@KinderDev you can find the eligibility page in Creator Hub → Settings (click on your profile on top right corner) → Eligibility → Audio Distribution.

1 Like

I don’t see “settings” anywhere on the page

1 Like

What defines whether a user is in good moderation standing?

So, this is useless to most game developers. Why does it need to be in your inventory if it is public?

3 Likes

We understand that the upload limits pose constraints to the development process and are proactively working to address this issue. In the meantime, you can also access the 100 assets/month limit with phone verification (not just ID verification).

1 Like

When will audio distribution be unlocked for non-ID-verified Creators (or at least those who are phone-verified, who get 100 sounds/month)?

Setting is on the top-right, where user-name is, you see Settings, Logout as the two options.

2 Likes

Hey @devSparkle, just to clarify you can still appeal moderation decisions for audio like you could before this update. You can also continue to private upload audio that can only be used in your experiences. What you can’t appeal is Roblox’s decision on whether the audio you upload is a sound effect or music which affects if you can distribute the audio asset on the creator store publicly.

4 Likes