Public Sound Effects Upload Are Now Available for Creators

I think they’re focused on reducing risk and getting to a point where Roblox is actually profitable and not just losing money every quarter, not anything specific like ID verification…

EDIT: I think the $200M lawsuit might also play a big part in why they are trying to be more cautious, and hopefully the requirements for public audio will be relaxed at some point in the future

2 Likes

maybe the losing money every quarter is due to the terrible updates.

2 Likes

This seems like a total overreaction, you don’t need to have an ID to upload Audio, you don’t need an ID to get audio from the Creator Marketplace, you only need an ID to add Audio to the Creator Marketplace.

2 Likes

This is going in the right direction! Many people are mad that it is only < 10 seconds but there will most likely be changes in the future.

I don’t think the part of being ID-Verfied is necessary for 10 second sound effects, therefore longer audios will probably be available soon.

If you give Roblox all that information why should you have a restriction in the audio length? If someone uploads copyrighted material Roblox knows exactly who it was and can take action.

1 Like

How can we see if we got approved for the creator store or not?
No notification?

THIS IS GREAT! After 2 years of waiting we can finally publish sound effects for other users! I can see this come in handy.

2 Likes

That’s the point. I have plenty of reasons to upload audios for models but now I am not able to.

Someone should really run an AI detect-n-delete script on roblox own sound effects. Most of them are extremly similar sounds and sometimes even use same name.

And ALL of them start at like 1-2s into the audio file, making them useless for any real game application.

3 Likes

Forgive me if I’m wrong but don’t you need ID to upload more than 10 audios a month? I had that issue on an alt account that I use since my own dev-page is a mess.

This is really awesome!

But if I was to upload an audio from another source that allows me to use their audio for commercial use. Will I be allowed to upload that sort of audio?

Found it! Thanks, took me forever to even realize that was the way to find it.

Can’t wait to upload a song in 30+ sections
But yeah the fact that all audios have to be less than 10s isn’t great, hopefully audio up to 7mins comes soon. I also hope old audio is available for use again.

1 Like

This is my biggest pet peeve for the roblox uploaded sfx. Tried to look for button and switch operation sounds but they start so delayed. I’d have to set the scrubber in a script for every audio which I do not want to do.

2 Likes

Camera Enabling for in game face animations,

Wow! You need a camera to track your face for automatic ingame facial animations! Imagine that! Makes no sense!

Asking I.D for Dev-Ex

Wow,! You need to follow the law and provide the necessary legal information to be paid out! Imagine that! Makes no sense!

8 Likes

10 seconds is a joke, sound effects are really often longer than that. At least give 20-30 if you want to avoid music that badly and don’t have good music recognition. Why so much limiting over everyone when you need to be ID VERIFIED to upload public sound effects and it’s not enough moderation? It’s not like people will be able to make alts and spam bypassed audio again.

1 Like

There is also at least 20 of the most random sound effect you can imagine (they all sound almost the same) but not enough sound diversity. Sometimes it takes me 2 pages to get relevant results to what i searched because how much roblox cluttered the sfx list by spamming similar audio.

1 Like

Having the same issue with SFX that I’ve made myself, let me know if you come to a resolution

For now, this may be intentional if the sound contains music, narration, or otherwise does not qualify as a sound effect, or if you have not yet met the current account requirements.

1 Like

Question, uploaded some audio, it got approved from what I can tell it’s <2 seconds long. But when I shared the audio id to allow one of devs to use it in their studio it doesn’t play. Any solutions would be helpful.

Can we already publish on the store ?

I wanted to share a sound effect as a cool gesture to the community, but even though I am approved for distribution, it tells me that “Enabling Store is unavailable at this time”.