Public Sound Effects Upload Are Now Available for Creators

Can we already publish on the store ?

I wanted to share a sound effect as a cool gesture to the community, but even though I am approved for distribution, it tells me that “Enabling Store is unavailable at this time”.

I found that similar situation, but in game.

When I used music command in game, audio wasn’t playing.

The dev console shows, that user is not authorized to use asset.

Audio that I used: Link

The audio is also distributed to marketplace.

1 Like

Are there plans to open this up to more people, and lower the requirements?

1 Like

This should answer your question:

2 Likes

In that case, we have to wait for Roblox Staff to make a way to make audios hearable.

I hope that won’t happen as it would be a disaster.

yeah i think they can make it at least ID verified and have Premium 1100 and above to upload things to music

10 seconds??? What kind of nonsense is this? We need full audios.

1 Like

@Ashi_Division @hubert4346_PL
According to the OP every person who wants to use the sound will need to add it to their inventory (all users can do so when the store toggle is turned on). This does not affect audio that was already public prior to this release, and I believe any new uploads by Roblox and audio partners will also not require acquisition from the store.

If people will blast loud audios, then it would be indeed disaster.

I’ve seen Your discussion about it.

I don’t know if would be possible, but Roblox could make a check, that if the audio would exceed certain amount of dB (or other volume measurement), then audio won’t play.

A great improvement would be a dB barrier that doesn’t allow anything above that limit to be uploaded to Roblox in the first place. (which is not hard to implement)

This would stop all the loud audios in games where they can be annoying, and it would still let “Boombox Games” exist since developers can just change the sound volume in those games so people who like those can still play them.

Another useful feature would be a toggle for game owners, allowing them to choose whether they want public audios to be used in their game or not.

1 Like

I don’t think they will change the ID-verified thing. I’m guessing they don’t want another lawsuit from what happened previously with public sound effects.

Nope, it is your responsibility to make users not being able to break roblox Terms of Use inside of your experience.
Quote:

If we find an Experience in which a significant portion of Users are egregiously violating the Roblox Terms, Roblox reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to moderate the Experience if the developer does not take reasonable actions to limit the violative behavior.

And using, allowing or endorsing bypasses on the platform is against the Terms.

It is made for obvious reason, if you could just confess it would be good instead of trying to deny everything I’ve send in my previous message.

2 Likes

If we find an Experience in which a significant portion of Users are egregiously violating the Roblox Terms, Roblox reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to moderate the Experience if the developer does not take reasonable actions to limit the violative behavior.

I do not see where using assets approved from roblox is violating the TOS. It is not like I am telling them to upload those.

Your bot is allowing them to upload them.

Bypassing audio is against the terms, in this case as soon as majority of players in your experience are playing bypassed audio it automatically violates the quoted rule.

As I’ve said before, just confess. It’s not like you’ll get any punishment anyways for it.

1 Like

Hello, great feature! but I have one request and I think it would be nice if people can toggle on and off to see Roblox uploaded sounds. Right now it is impossible to filter out the Roblox uploaded sounds and it makes it hard to find any creator uploaded sounds unless you skip a few pages.

Yes you can filter it out:

3 Likes

I can see how this will benefit a lot of sound designers in the near future, thanks Roblox for making the platform even better!

2 Likes

But some of us dont have id its a bad update

1 Like

with that 10s limit, i guess the only music you’ll ever be hearing in games will be the corporate apm slop