Quality of Life improvements in Studio Scripting

It starts at 1,000,000 lines or 5,000 characters on a line. These are based on the data we got for script editor’s performance. You can adjust these values in settings: Large File Line Count Threshold and Large File Character Threshold.

17 Likes

I can definitely see myself using most of these. Nice changes!

13 Likes

Still having issues such as these.

7 Likes

Awesome as someone who is trying to work at learning coding this will be a big help, if this expands to other parts of code then :grinning: :+1:t2:.

6 Likes

Hi @2jammers,

Were you able to file a bug about this? Would you mind describing what is happening here?

7 Likes
7 Likes

7 Likes

Godbless documentation lookup and symbol renaming, these two points slow me down the most when iterating. Love the UX improvements happening here.

6 Likes

Been waiting on something like this for a while, THANK YOU!

7 Likes

are there any plans for making your own documentation (something like LuaDoc)? since more is coming on the way

7 Likes

The instant documentation feature is really good, and it’s going to help out so many people. Thank you so much!!

4 Likes

I have not been coding for that long since I started the 1st of this month, but I already ran into this struggle a few times. Glad to see that ROBLOX is actively hunting for ways to improve! Features enjoyed by beginners and experienced alike.

7 Likes

Yes! I needed this so many times because I had to change a whole variable then rename the old ones in my LONG script…

Cool update!

6 Likes

No one is aware of the suffering I’ve gone through when renaming and changing names.

My life will indeed be rendered so much simpler by this.

I honestly appreciate Roblox.

Before: :coffin: :skull: :pensive: :weary:
After: :drooling_face: :scream: :kissing_heart: :grinning:

8 Likes

I’d find this extremely ugly. A couple extra pixels of padding probably wouldn’t hurt though.

4 Likes

This is neat. Are there any plans to add more of these QoL features?

4 Likes

I’d really like the ability to add documentation to custom functions that then shows up like the built-in documentation.

5 Likes

Absolute W changes here especially the document symbol renaming

3 Likes

How do you get that? It does not work for me

Resume is not resuming my gameplay tests while I have this circled setting ticked and I get an error. Is this a bug?

I don’t remember activating this feature, so I was surprised when I was unable to resume out of errors recently (it was randomly ticked on.)

2 Likes