Question about Gambling on Roblox

Okay so say I had this game where you could spend Robux on a lottery machine via a Developer Product. Let’s say 1 spin is 10 Robux and you get 1 per spin purchase of the Developer Product. (Let’s say I have a bot that can automate this and this is a group game) if the lottery machine lands on R$1,000 the user will receive 1,000 Robux via a group payout. Is this against Terms of Service?

I am 90% sure this against TOS.

1 Like

I don’t think you are allowed to reward Robux at all in any game, regardless if it is a gamble or not… I would look up the TOS thing that says this but I’m pretty sure there are a kajillion posts about this.

1 Like

You’re not allowed to do any gambling with robux or currencies you earn with robux.

2 Likes

You cannot gamble with Robux, and you cannot gamble with an in game currency you are able to acquire (in any way) with Robux.

Whether this is purchase one and gamble it, or buy one, trade it to another and gamble that.

Regarding gambling using Robux, no this is not allowed. See the answer to the following post:

Regarding giving away Robux, the Community Rules state this is not allowed under Section 13 “Other Activities”:

Gambling is against Roblox Terms of Service as stated when you want to expand to Xbox players, you would be given a list of rules to be followed. One of them being that gambling cannot be allowed, plus a lot of parents are against their children playing games that include gambling as they tell them it’s a bad thing and don’t want them to become compulsive gamblers and gamble on a daily basis. So I suggest not doing this unless you want to be slapped with a warning or possibly a ban.

1 Like

Two years ago, I was thinking about creating a “lottery” group on Roblox. I thought it would be nice if I get profits from people who bought a ticket; at the same time, they are able to win the prize. I talked with my friend (his friend worked closely for Roblox) about the idea. He said I give it a try by messaging Roblox Customer Service. Later then they said “Playing lotteries on Roblox is not on their hot topic right now, but Roblox members should not be playing any gambling games.”

Gambling with Robux is not allowed, so avoid doing it.

Gambling is stictly against Terms of Service. It’s not recommendable because in my point of view it was restricted due to the fact that it may influence kids that are using the platform to use gambling as a way to make money which may teach them some things that are not suitable for them.
Also this is what Roblox says about gambling. https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=Gambling

1 Like