Rate my Low-Poly speed build

Thanks, I’m working on the car at the moment. And I’ll probably make it only 3 windows on each floor. Any other suggestions?

Personally I don’t think so. I think doing it with shapes and a rim is better.

The windows look bad? I was just trying to replicate this.

Inspiration

Ah I see. Perhaps I was wrong, maybe its more of how you approached it. It may more be the position of the windows and how you are placing it. Also you may want to enlarge the white rim around it because I did not notice it and the gray bar under it also adds to it. But notice the entire buildings complimented by the little brick like detail.

I wouldn’t recommend that in future - a low-res decal would look exactly the same, but uses tonnes less memory and render time. Not really a problem for a lone low-poly house, but the inefficiencies of this would quickly add up in a larger game.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, didn’t consider that. Maybe i’ll change it. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

@Sentross @Sbss1111 Can you guys send me some pictures of low poly builds, for example streets or buildings. I wanna try to build a low poly city.

Hey… that’s my house at the very end! Kinda cool to see it being used as a reference.

Oh, cool! Any advice for Low-Poly building?

Just practice and find reference. I found myself working off @ilyannna’s work as reference in the beginning and then eventually found my own kinda style. If you want some screenshots of my work to try and replicate, message me here on the devforums.

Well, you’re getting there. The build looks a bit sharp and chaotic. The windows look like they’re placed totally at random and there is an abundance of triangles in there as well. Consider maybe modelling it after some other low poly house builds? (Like some of the ones @Sentross suggested) Typically, a low poly is rather minimalistic and compact but not totally flat. I mean, just building something in 10 minutes doesn’t necessarily make it low poly.

The building is actually very very good for a 10 minute build. I’m sure you’ll be able to perfect this with more time! Great job!

oh I found it on google images lol

Its a really good house that caught my eye so I thought it was the perfect example. :slight_smile:

It looks pretty good, I would work on the windows, they are all mis-matched. Some are low then some are higher and they really aren’t on the same level. Other than that, you did a good job!

I updated it yesterday @NicholasMcK @Swiffted

1 Like

And, theres not triangles. I used only blocks for the house.

Not sure what’s on the roof then?

uhh if you meant triangle as in the shape then yes there is, idk what i was saying. :joy:

1 Like

It happens :slightly_smiling_face:

It looks ok but I would recommend framing the windows and extending the roof off the sides a bit like on real houses.

prufre