Rate The Tree I Made?

Of course you will!
Here is the example I made.

I did not know that you can make UI s with blender… :+1:

1 Like

It is possible in a lot of ways. You can modelize the style of every letter in it and take a picture of every singe letter. Once you do it, you can make your own font, or you can make a cool picture - icon that could represent your name of the game etc. I could make a tutorial about this.

Oh you were talking about that I thought you were talking about 2D GUI service…

Use the heart icon to show your appreciation, replies to a post is reserved for more important information.

2 Likes

Hm. I don’t think it’s possible to do it. If you mean by painting on your own a picture for a shop or something, but actually modeling and taking a picture of that what you made can lead you right into making a nice UI picture. I even think it’s more better than any paint program, because you got infinitive ways of making UI’s.

1 Like

Blender isn’t hard to learn but it just takes time. My advice is just to practice and practice you will only get better. Expect your first mesh to be horrible. I would recommend using this tutorial series: BlenderGuru.

Blender is great for making low poly trees and trees in general as you can in short control the poly count. The lower the poly count in a game the better because it means less lag. As other people have said you should try and make your trunk less straight. The best way way to do that is by using blender as you can excrude the trunk. On your current tree try and keep constancy between the branches and the trunk. As you have made the trunk a cylinder and the branches square.

4 Likes

You are right about that too but it is not the best way. There are lots off apps about UI s.

1 Like

ill go check out that guys channel but for now until i learn blender i’m going to continue to use roblox parts for my tree. thanks for all the ratings guys.

I’m very sorry if this sounds rude. When I make suggestions, sometimes it comes out rude. I’m sorry if it does.

1. Add some details to the trunk.
  2. Add some details to the bush on the top (make it bigger?)
    Sorry if his came out sounding rude, Hopefully these tips help you! :smile:
1 Like

The trees require some extra detail for the maximum quality. Otherwise it’s near below-average at this point. You could use Blender or similar for trees.

Pros:

• Allows easier creations of meshes with less bound to Roblox’s restricted unions; it’s versatile.
  • Can create even more complex tree models; it’s powerful.
  • Most trees in Roblox were made out of meshes, I think.

Cons:

• Can be confusing for new users; time-consuming to learn.
  • Triangle limits; besure to check the counters.

All trees always have the same formula:

• Roots(almost never used)
  • Trunk(mesh, parts or union)
  • Branches(mesh with trunk, or separate mesh for easier variations, union or parts)
  • Leaves(decal, mesh/parts/union)

It’s highly not recommended to use parts for high-detail trees.

2 Likes

The tree you made looks strange and synthetic. If you’re looking for low-poly, try this.forest
All credit in that image to @JuztHoney | His portfolio here.

If you aren’t looking for low-poly, try using the landscape plugin by ChuckXZ, and the part bending plugin by Defaultio. The links wouldn’t load, sorry!

Hope this helped,
vibrantkoffing

1 Like

oh cool thanks. yea im not looking for low ploy, but i am going to get those plugins defaultio’s will help alot.

1 Like

You made a much better tree than I would have using studio. However, Blender is where I found out I could easily make trees and other nice natural things. So I would suggest checking out HeadlessHorros tutorial on how to make a tree on Blender.

HeadlessHorror’s Blender Tutorial for trees

Here are some trees I have for my current game.

1 Like

The problem with that is the trees don’t look natural. I know you did not make that, but to anyone intending on making scenery rotate it, resize it and move it! Here is an example, the left is copy and pasted and the right is rotated, resized and moved around. Sorry about the lighting

Make sure you fix the bark on some of your later trees. Here is a small guide I made on how tree bark should go.

17 Likes

Hey!

So I’m going to ahead and point out the tree is not:

Consistency in design > The Flat bushiness of the top does not correspond with the parts laid onto the branches on the bottom underlying branches.

4/10, keep working on it!

Now I’m going to directly cut in where it matters:
Studio is great for world building, but models such as trees require two types of tools, either:

A 3D Modeling software or…
ROBLOX’s dreaded CSG engine. Admittedly better than what it was when launched, still enormously unoptimized still.

Don’t be younger me and skip blender at your starting place. Do blender, don’t skip it because it’s hard but do it because it’s worth it. Studio is nice but highly limiting what you can do as a creator.

Thanks for reading, goodluck!

1 Like

The tree itself has a good starting design, however a few things can be improved.

I personally would keep the parts to be of similarity meaning instead of some being blocks and some meshes, just use the same type. So either all blocks or all spheres, etc. Focus on the details of the trunks and branch placement. Also try to work more on the roots, instead of just one cylinder leading down try to add support roots to are tied to the ground.

Still great starting point, keep it up! :+1:

Im liking how this is looking but you could carve out little holes or edges into the main tree if you were looking for more detail.

thanks for the idea i could use negate parts to do that for the trunk.