RDC 2020 Status Update

I mean they didn’t officially announce the waves like last year… people lost track of the invites cus of what’s going on at the moment… :cold_sweat:

8 Likes

It’s kind of an off-topic question but since we’re at wave 4 now, why isn’t the RDC discussion category opened here yet? I mean the event is still on-going and it would be nice to have a place here to talk about it and possibly plan meet-ups/activities with the other attendees.

5 Likes

Still waiting for that invitation! I really want to go and meet everyone I know online in person!

1 Like

What an insensitive joke to make - my step-mother suffering from acute asthma, this would seriously affect her if she contracted it, and now is having to practice extreme distancing. They may not hurt you, but they can have serious impacts on others…

I appreciate Roblox updating us on this, but I’m still extremely reluctant to book, as even if the virus has cooled down by then in America, this will be a hot pot of people from all over the globe in a confined area. That and I think it’ll likely be cancelled anyway, regardless of current CDC advice.

10 Likes

Even though I am not going to the RDC, I am still happy it is not canceled however, holding it near a state that has around 589 cases might not be a good idea :neutral_face: (Updates often so the 589 might be changed)

1 Like

Thing is, they said they’ll be monitoring stuff and RDC will be cancelled if everything is still bad in July. The end of July is still pretty far away, and we don’t know how things will be then. Cancelling it back in March wouldn’t be smart in case everything is okay in July.

2 Likes

Yes but it depends on time. We could have a cure at July I be praying for the cure to come :pray: or we could have more than 2x the amount of cases in New York :cold_sweat:

Good job announcing it but this just sparked like 25 posts of people debating weather it will be closed or not, Not really helping since it wont matter weather you think its closed or not. Like @coefficients said,

Stop debating stuff and just wait for another update.

1 Like

Yeah this is probably the best course of action for now considering that there is still 4ish months until RDC. If things change at least those who planned on going will get refunds.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m saying. :slight_smile:

This is like someone yelling shark on the beach and they’re waiting for the lifeguard to say that they should leave.

1 Like

There’s over four months to go until RDC is meant to take place. Might be a good idea to back out off the panic mode a bit there. RDC isn’t a long stretched-out series of events like i.e. sports championships.

8 Likes

Ops no invite this time, maybe next year or if there is going to be a chance for applications. We will see, enjoy anyone invited. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, you can also use the unofficial rdc discord for palnning groups and stuff

1 Like

I have respect for ROBLOX and how things are going on, and fully respect how you’re giving peoples health and safety as your number 1 priority.

If you’re showing any symptoms of COVID-19 then please self isolate yourself for 14 days, if it proceeds to become worse and show more deadlier symptoms then don’t hesitate to seek medical attention.

Please read the information provided by the links below.

COVID - 19 - What should I do?
COVID - 19

1 Like

You can but when the chats are active those get drowned out by the conversations that are going on there. The discussion category was the only place where you could have a dedicated place to talk about them without having to make an entire new discord server (group DMs hold to 10 people only).

1 Like

So what if i’m an English developer and i cannot come to California despite working hard and being invited because of a questionable politicians ban on all European countries?

If you’re English you can travel to and from The United States from UK, but not from European countries.

I thought the UK was added to the travel ban this week?

1 Like

Maybe just a few more years at it’ll be my chance… :grimacing: