RDC 2020 Status Update

COVID 19. I think roblox closed there office?

1 Like

In my opinion, RDC should be cancelled. I don’t think this decision should be made yet (we will see what happens in June/July), however, people from all over the world come to RDC. If they get it there, they can bring it back to their countries, which will rapidly spread the infection even more than it already is spreading.

3 Likes

Unless they’re from central Africa, they wouldn’t be potentially introducing the virus to a new environment. Even if, July’s still some time away from today and many many things can happen. Let’s hope for the best and if it’s not cancelled by now then the organizers are still hoping for the event to happen too.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. Stay safe everyone.

COVID-19 UPDATE ON SF (San Francisco)

Notice: RDC 2020 is taking place in San Francisco, CA.

-Around 500-700 cases are in CA right now (Source: CDC)

• Bay Area (SF) is in shelter in place! This means that everyone must be inside their homes or apartments, and only go outside if you need to buy food, get resources if needed, e.t.c

• San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Alameda County have a huge number of infected patients.

Always remember to wash your hands for 20 seconds, Social Distancing, and Don’t touch your face if you have dirty hands!

1 Like

Thought it was going to be canceled. Might attend, unsure.

1 Like

I know that the waves first have to go out for invitations, but how will we know when applications will be open?

look at the date when i posted that

0_0

30characters

I know! It may be just digital!

2 Likes

Sigh, no invite here. But I guess that gives me time to prep up things for my application! Also, we all appreciate your transparency and how you guys are planning w/ the current pandemic.

repost as I posted it as a reply to another reply, apologies.

RDC will be live streamed as usual which is probably the better decision for 2020 considering the unfortunate unprecedented events that we are living through right now.

The best part about having it live streamed is that it’s freeee

You do realize that there already are people who paid for it so if they were to cancel the event, the planned resources from it would end up being available only to those who bought the tickets.

RDC 202: we’re coming out

Coronavirus: exists

Devs: Oh shoot, looks like there’s no RDC, what a sha-

RDC 2020: worry no more, roblox is stronger than a virus

4 Likes

I am excited to watch the RDC 2020 event! Sadly, I cannot attend, but I can still watch this event on YouTube! It is great that the event will still happen! Also, stay healthy and keep washing your hands! :smile:

1 Like

Regardless of what happens, they will most likely still stream the keynotes / important content for everyone.

If they do end up cancelling RDC, there will be a refund for everyone who bought a ticket.

2 Likes

I genuinely need to ask, what exactly is the protocol in the event in which it would be canceled due to an actual case of Covid-19? I, of course, understand people will be refunded their money, however, are there any precautions involved in terms of ensuring all attendees of the event are in a healthy condition to attend? Symptoms for Covid-19 can only be shown after several weeks. Some Airport health monitoring regulations are as well as very poor.

6 Likes

Are there more waves of invites coming?

Biggest scare is, is that the Governor of California estimates that 56% of Californians will be infected in the next 8 weeks.

2 Likes

Discussion is what the forums are for.

5 Likes