Red Screen When Play is Clicked

If re-installing studio isn’t fixing the issue, i would then really look into graphics card driver not being updated, or some other driver. A new instance of studio should not be having issues.

1 Like

Alright, Im updating my mac later for a software update idk but maybe that will fix it. Thank you for trying to help me with this.

2 Likes

Yes my next suggestion since i googled a few issues with red screens using High Sierra was to update to new OS, if possible.

1 Like

Just checked and I have 2 software updates available and Ill do that later or this weekend, ill update you after that.

2 Likes

Have you updated yet? ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

1 Like

Since this is related to macOS 10.13 and is a graphics issue:

Have you…

• reset your PRAM/NVRAM?
    • Resetting your PRAM can help you refresh any messed-up configurations macOS has stored in its non-volatile ram.
  • tried safe mode?
    • Starting to safe mode could help you identify if it could be a component issue, and if you launch studio in safe mode and it works, you can reinstall macOS.

I’ve brought out my 2011 iMac on High Sierra 10.13.6 to investigate this also. It looks like the issue does occur even in editing. Trying out methods and editing my post as it progresses.

it may also seem like Roblox may be possibly ending support for versions like High Sierra, considering Sierra got EoSed fairly recently…
Edit: None of these worked for me.

2 Likes

Not yet I was really busy yesterday.

1 Like

If this is true and they are outdating my operating system there is probably nothing I can do. In a couple of years when I go to college I’m getting a new computer. I may just have to wait until then but I cant guarantee I’ll even have time to play or want to play then.

1 Like

This might be not a system issue but something with the Roblox client, interestingly almost immediately after Apple introduced Metal 3, but that’s just an assumption. This should changed be a #bug-reports:studio-bugs post, perhaps.

1 Like

try the baseplate in the robloc webpage! If it iz red an external source iz cauzing it!
try logging into another account on ztudio although I doubt it will do anything!

1 Like

Already tried and it didnt work.

1 Like

How do you change it, I went to categories and I didnt see that as an option.

1 Like

I dont think Im a high enough level member to post in bug reports.

1 Like

No, I think you can, this must be a bug with your computer but if it’s affecting roblox studio then roblox has to provide support.

1 Like

Try checking your files, I highly doubt anything will be there but might as well try. When did this start happening? Try to remember if you did anything before it started.

1 Like

Disable all the plugins, and try it now

1 Like

you should read the previous posts before making the same suggestion please.

1 Like

I recently gotted this also, My pc is Mac High Sierra 10.13.6

2 Likes

Do you have any free models in your game?

1 Like

If you do have any free models check them
For any suspicious scripts in it

1 Like