Red Screen When Play is Clicked

In the video when you tested the game something got added to ReplicatedStorage. I’m pretty sure that’s not normal.

It is normal.

2 Likes

I suspect it being related to the Renderer you’re using in Studio.

Go to “Studio Settings” after pressing “FILE” and go to “Renderer” to the left of the pop up.
Change Graphics Mode and Frame Rate Manager to Automatic. (ignore everything else in the screenshot)

2 Likes

Can you send the script of the click to play button

They’re referring to this button:
Its ROBLOX Studio’s default.

Oh nvm then…

Well in that case can you send any code thats in the game? Just to double check

If you read the full topic they say that they tried it on new games too and it still popped up. No plugins or anything.

1 Like

Oh I thought she meant like she did the exact same thing (like add the same objects in the game) to a blank studio. My bad

1 Like

I reset the settings and tried full-screen mode, no change.

2 Likes

I suggested this already, and response was:

Edit: and now:

2 Likes

If re-installing studio isn’t fixing the issue, i would then really look into graphics card driver not being updated, or some other driver. A new instance of studio should not be having issues.

1 Like

Alright, Im updating my mac later for a software update idk but maybe that will fix it. Thank you for trying to help me with this.

2 Likes

Yes my next suggestion since i googled a few issues with red screens using High Sierra was to update to new OS, if possible.

1 Like

Just checked and I have 2 software updates available and Ill do that later or this weekend, ill update you after that.

2 Likes

Have you updated yet? ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

1 Like

Since this is related to macOS 10.13 and is a graphics issue:

Have you…

• reset your PRAM/NVRAM?
    • Resetting your PRAM can help you refresh any messed-up configurations macOS has stored in its non-volatile ram.
  • tried safe mode?
    • Starting to safe mode could help you identify if it could be a component issue, and if you launch studio in safe mode and it works, you can reinstall macOS.

I’ve brought out my 2011 iMac on High Sierra 10.13.6 to investigate this also. It looks like the issue does occur even in editing. Trying out methods and editing my post as it progresses.

it may also seem like Roblox may be possibly ending support for versions like High Sierra, considering Sierra got EoSed fairly recently…
Edit: None of these worked for me.

2 Likes

Not yet I was really busy yesterday.

1 Like

If this is true and they are outdating my operating system there is probably nothing I can do. In a couple of years when I go to college I’m getting a new computer. I may just have to wait until then but I cant guarantee I’ll even have time to play or want to play then.

1 Like

This might be not a system issue but something with the Roblox client, interestingly almost immediately after Apple introduced Metal 3, but that’s just an assumption. This should changed be a #bug-reports:studio-bugs post, perhaps.

1 Like

try the baseplate in the robloc webpage! If it iz red an external source iz cauzing it!
try logging into another account on ztudio although I doubt it will do anything!

1 Like