Reference Roblox Integration for Blender

Nevermind I figured it out thanks a lot for your helps

1 Like

Is there any plugins or features like this where I can bulk import Meshes in this same way without the packaged link?

I am aware of the bulk import feature Roblox implemented, but it would be more optimal to upload meshes with this method instead of manually saving the files for each mesh and bulk importing.

1 Like

This is greatly appreciated, I hated uploading a mesh only to have to do some changes and re-upload the same mesh, and have multiple versions cluttering my uploaded meshes.

This will help a lot, and especially if animations is added to this too

1 Like

You can delete the PackageLinks in studio if you just want the meshes without them being part of a package.

2 Likes

Hello, I seem to have an issue where when I mirrored my mesh has the face orientation flipped, it should look like this,

Yes the face orientations are correct (They’re all Blue & not red) in blender, furthermore the outer casing of the mesh isnt there aswell like in studio.

5 Likes
  1. I’ve created a Github Issue for supporting axis settings for export. Can you add a use case (there preferably, or here and I’ll add context to the issue) to explain how this feature improves your workflow?

2. Uploading should generate PBR materials if your material types are valid. See the section in this announcement post about how to set up your materials correctly.

3. There are no current plans for exporting terrain, but please create a feature request if you have an idea here. In any case, that’s outside the scope of this Blender add-on, which operates exclusively outside of the Roblox engine

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting, this seems to be an issue with our asset importer and we’re looking into it.
For now, you can use the Bulk Importer in the asset manager to upload them with correct normals.

1 Like

Yep no worries if you would like the .blend file to help debug and fix the issues shoot me a DM.

2 Likes
![blender_zLWPUEBWZi|690x374](upload://myqc7DEC4yq7AsdgFYwWqDyOGxu.png)
Hello, I am getting this error when trying to add this into blender. How can I fix this? 
4 Likes

See this github issue for details;
tldr: Please update Blender to version 3.2 or later and it will fix this issue for you :slight_smile:
Looks like you’re using version 2.9 right now.

4 Likes

try applying all transforms, might work?

1 Like

That seemed to fix the issue with the faces not going the right way, however some parts of the model arent uploading correctly.

1 Like

A couple of days ago I installed this amazing tool. If anyone is questioning whether or not to install this I completely recommend this. It is an absolute time saver!

4 Likes

Will this work with dynamic head that I made it so that way I don’t have to upload a lot of trial errors to Roblox studio?

5 Likes

I’m having an issue logging into Roblox with this plugin. When the plugin opens authorize.roblox.com, the page shows a red error box with these words:

Authorization Error

Scope list contains invalid scope(s): asset:read

Please contact the owner of the application for help.

4 Likes

Please all for us to do Animation stuff, too. It’s incredibly difficult at times when it comes to import/export rigs and animations, as the current script route isn’t always as helpful when it comes to understanding WHY there may be an issue with the animation, etc. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes it partially works.

Animation is probably the biggest part of Blender, I’d say. Modeling is simple.

2 Likes

Truly amazing! I cannot believe this is something we’re able to do now. This is going to help me IMMENSELY while I learn Blender.

1 Like

Hmm, I’m unable to reproduce this error during login. Are you continuing to see this error still?

After installing the Blender plugin, the Roblox Studio 3D IMPORT menu does not work when clicked.

1 Like

The Blender plugin runs exclusively within Blender and has nothing to do with Studio, so that would be an unrelated issue.