Release Notes for 581

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE GOT THERE! NO MORE COUNTLESS TIMES FORGETTING TO REMOVE THE UI BORDER :tada: :raised_hands:

10 Likes
+ Property bool BasePart.EnableFluidForces
+ Property bool Workspace.EnableFluidForces

:eyes: :question:

20 Likes

Where are you getting this information from?

7 Likes

‘fluid’ implies gas and liquid - might we finally see the return of water currents? otherwise I’m pretty sure this is wind-related

8 Likes

here

7 Likes

Robloxapi has sadly stopped providing new info about new roblox updates, idk why. Now, I mainly use Roblox Client Tracker and github to know any new added functions/properties/etc.

5 Likes

Thank you for fixing this bug.

Also slightly excited about the following change:

A nice quality of life change, no longer having to set BorderSizePixel to 0 for every UI object I add is a small but nice change

5 Likes

I wonder if this will allow for terrain water to affect physics, would be nice for boats

5 Likes

Terrain water had exactly that before we had smooth terrain! The old blocky terrain water was even animated to show which direction it flowed, if I recall it could only flow in 4 directions and at 3 speeds, per cell.

7 Likes

Why is the studio font so unreadable now?

5 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out or I + others wouldn’t’ve been the wiser. I primarily use RobloxApi as a means of searching the api in a much neater format, and in a timely manner at that, not so much for updates so suffice it to say I’d of still been out of the loop.

For anyone wondering…

…the latest update RobloxApi recorded was 578 on May 31.

5 Likes

Sorry about the site not updating. Turns out it relied on the 32-bit version of studio builds, which Roblox stopped deploying at the start of June. The tooling has been updated to use the 64-bit version of studio, so the site should now update normally again.

14 Likes

But it affects physics already? What do you mean?

cc: @Auhrii

3 Likes

No not the waves. You only float on a plane.

5 Likes

Agreed. Could the default background color become transparent next? That would eliminate two steps for me. That default border didn’t look appealing and just felt like an outdated “classic Roblox” leftover.

3 Likes

I think maybe developers would be confused about that one. They may think the ScreenGui is disabled or something.

5 Likes

That change to terrain and collisiongroups sounds interesting. Will it now be possible to use water just for its visuals without having to redesign some parts of my (very) old games to work with its effects on parts in mind?

3 Likes

Wind-affected parts, yes please

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.