Release Notes for 607

I think we should undeprecate PointsService since badges are now currency; InfiniteMath module helps alot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I disagree, thank you.

5 Likes

Been waiting for this for years now!! Finally! :heart:

2 Likes

Hey, I don’t know what you did, but my game in Studio stopped lagging when using Select, Move, Scale, Rotate tools. Thank you so much.

(Some users told me that the lag I encounter is caused by Roblox indexing every instance in workspace, and because I have a lot my FPS while moving in Studio used to be 2-3 FPS with Select tool, now it’s stable 20-22 FPS)

3 Likes

I’m glad this is finally fixed

idk if this means what i think it does
does it mean if i click on the textbox but dont tap anything it wont delete placeholder text

2 Likes

Select ‘Server’ from the drop-down:

1 Like

Fixed, there’s a 606 release notes up now.

When are you going to fix the new chat issues?

Posts about the widely reported issue:
Post 1
Post 2

2 Likes

Hi
Thanks for your reply.

Consistently getting a server crash when trying to create a server snapshot for our game. First tried on a ‘real’ server with long uptime (goodbye 40 players :sweat_smile:). But I can replicate it every time in a newly opened private server too.

Game link: Yellowstone Unleashed - Roblox

Sorry about that.

While it was expected that a snapshot might take a second or two on a large RCC heap (causing a noticeable ping increase for players on the server), in your game it seems to take longer than 30s, causing an RCC timeout at around 70% into the snapshot process.
We will try making additional improvements to this process.

2 Likes

Small but nice change. I appreciate this.

Hey there, do you know anything regarding the chat issue? Release Notes for 607 - #35 by umvrr

Hello! I’m also encountering this issue. Happens every time I try to capture a snapshot for the server (similarly, RIP 100 players :pensive:)

Game link: Checho’s Deltarune RP - Roblox

1 Like

I had the same experience in Arm Wrestle Simulator.

There will be an update next week that should speed things up.

Can you check the Server snapshot in Roblox Studio? How long does it take there?

Can confirm. Did the same thing for my game as well.

@apenzijncoolenleuk1 @Mauio64 @Hexcede we have released an improvement to the Server LuauHeap capture process that should greatly reduce the time it takes.
Can you please test it again to see if it has improved?

I recommend testing an empty or fresh private test server first - the improvement is only live for 1 hour atm (since Jan 24 11:10 PST) and older servers are not able to get it.
Using a private test server will also avoid the negative effects on the players in the experience.

In case you still see a disconnect, we have another improvement coming next week, but it will really help us to know if the current improvement is on the right track or not.

1 Like

Works on a private server.
Took about 3 seconds to finish and no noticeable ping increase.

1 Like

Hey, huge thanks for the update and letting us know! Luauheap now takes about 3-5 seconds to get a snapshot now, which is definitely bearable. I’ll test in a public server later.

External Media
1 Like