Release Notes for 608

Release Notes for 608

68 Likes

Another good performance update, and more improvements to editable meshes. Makes me happy to see that. Also some improvement with the new Sound API. I’m still waiting for full release on these good features.

23 Likes

Very great for performance and generalizes things. This is a good release note!

EditableMesh Memory Leak No More!

16 Likes

Oh thank god.

26 Likes

Could the terrain api changes be game breaking? I just want to know, just incase.

11 Likes

From my cursory readings, it should support both the old names and the new, clearer names.

14 Likes

Does this mean that this will finally be fixed?

13 Likes

Connected to this update likely? Let me know if anyone finds something.

12 Likes

When are y’all going to fix this?! It’s too major to put off in my opinion.

The memory from destroyed objects doesn’t get subtracted from the total server memory, which eventually can lead to server crashing. Read more in the post above.

15 Likes

these are good release notes, w

8 Likes

what’s the reason behind this

7 Likes

its supposed to be fixed already

9 Likes

These are lowkey underrated but useful updates:

9 Likes

Seems more like better and accurate wording.

7 Likes

Probably paving the way to a potential terrain update that’ll allow us to create terrain materials and not just replace textures of.

10 Likes

Have we got any insight into whether pathfinding not working on new terrain is confirmed in next weeks release notes, or if it is just a rough estimate?

9 Likes

Never heard of AudioEmitters and Wires. When was this added and what will its purpose be for?

8 Likes

There is an issue with the drafts mode for duplicating scripts which I haven’t seen anyone report.

Drafts must be on for this.
. Open a script which already previously has commits to it
. Modify the code
. Duplicate the script instance
. Open the duplicated version and it’s the same as the last committed version instead of it being the same as the latest uncommitted version.

I posted this here as I cannot post to #bug-reports

7 Likes

Its the new audio api announced at RDC last year it’s much more capable than the current sound instances, you can just search audio on the docs and find all of the new audio instances.

8 Likes

This is not the same issue. Read the post; my post is talking about vehicles.

5 Likes