Release Notes for 631

Make them accurate as well please…

9 Likes

What the hell? We can’t set it by ourselves anymore?

6 Likes

You can still set it through the properties window:

The changes I displayed had to do with the fact that CoreScripts can access the property now (where as no scripts could access it before)

6 Likes

Best guess is that the native attribute is behind a fflag and checked is not.

6 Likes

what kind of changes will this make to meshes? is this just lightening the memory usage when meshes collide or will this help make mesh collisions more accurate? I feel the latter has been an unresolved problem for a long time.

9 Likes

Thanks for the correction. As far as I was aware, not even Studio’s property window could modify such high-security properties. Guess I was wrong.

6 Likes

glad this has been fixed, it was really really annoying so i had to make my own fix for it

10 Likes

The Roblox Explorer window is not a Lua plugin, it’s part of Studio so it runs on engine level and can modify anything. I heard there was some work on making the explorer a Lua plugin instead and this lighting change might’ve been a part of it (since plugins can’t edit non-scriptable properties)

9 Likes

If it’s a Roblox signed plugin then it can access RobloxScriptSecurity, unsure about the non-scriptable ones. Also, I didn’t mention anything about the explorer.

8 Likes

Sorry, confused the explorer with the property window. Treat “explorer” in my previous reply as the properties panel.

What I meant is that the property panel is not a plugin, it’s a part of the Roblox Studio engine, so it can access non-scriptable properties. A Roblox signed plugin can access RobloxScriptSecurity properties but not non-scriptable ones. So what I meant is that they likely made Lighting.Technology not non-scriptable in preparation for transitioning the properties window to a plugin.

8 Likes

Super happy to hear Player:Move() no longer spams anymore, it makes the dev console unreadable especially for UI only games.

And that dev console server mode command line not working being fixed I’m also happy about, it’s been really frustrating to use.

7 Likes

Apparently the devforum thinks I’ve been writing a reply to this post for several days now. I’m going to leave this reply in the hopes that it stops saying that since no less than 3 separate people have pinged me about it.

16 Likes

Gamepad changes…? Please fix the cursor not appearing when using a gamepad on PC as well as the sensitivity for them. I rely on 144fps to get ideal sensitivity on controller, lower for less speed, because sensitivity on gamepad has been broken for years, not sure how long, but it use to go weeks without being functional at times.

4 Likes

RIP, seems it still thinks so, I’ll ping someone about it.

EDIT: Seems you’re not the only one. Someone will take a look at this next week.

13 Likes

I like this font!

4 Likes

what if you’re just writing a really long post lmao

4 Likes

While you are pinging people, back a month or so ago, someone sent a message to everyone in a group by mistake, then I guess removed all the messages, however, in the dev forums, it still shows I have a message, even though I don’t and its so annoying. Could someone fix this?

4 Likes

Has there been any changes to the physics engine in this update? Our game Hoop Simulator relies on physics for the ball to hit the hoop. We set the ball as massless and set an initial velocity that we calculate is required to hit the hoop. Since this update, the ball is no longer hitting the hoop precisely from long distances, leaving our game completely broken. It has nothing to do with the game itself as the problem persists on older versions.

3 Likes

i remember seeing all of the same errors all over my output and console “Player:Move called, but player currently has no humanoid."

2 Likes

There’s been something I’ve noticed in the past few days when importing 3D meshes and I’m wondering if it may be related to this update. I made a post about it, but in a nutshell, the 3D importer window doesn’t import TGA textured items anymore, yet it was working before the update.

2 Likes